Graham Paige Ignition Lock/Starter Switch

GrahamPaige29

Hi guys.  My Graham Paige has this device on the steering column as a shaft lock/ignition switch.  Turning the key disengages a pin from the steering column, as seen in picture 3, unlocking it.  It also allows a switch, which is a steel rod,  to be thrown to the "on" position.  Since I got the car, I haven't been able to figure out exactly what's missing to make the electric switch work.  If you look at the pictures of the back, the rod would continue through to the back, but there seems to be a contact switch of some kind missing.  Look at the closeup of the back area and you will see two small threaded holes.  Was there some king of box that held a switch on the back originally?  I could fabricate something to work I guess but I'd be interested in seeing what was there first.  Thanks.

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks like the "Ignition Switch" is missing. 

Should be a lever to switch ignition "ON" or "OFF". 

If I remember correctly there is two positions to the switch, Lock; ignition and steering, and unlock; no steering lock and the ignition switch works.  You do not need the key to start the car just switch the ignition lever to "ON"

George might have a spare....

Butters will have the lever (pot metal) normally broken...

Ignition switch.jpg

14 minutes ago, Graham Man said:

Just two screw in terminals on the back (brass screws, simple on off switch).  The barrel has the contactors, the two screws in the back hold the barrel switch in.  Pretty simple, just jump the wires and drive away, you can see why they did not last long.

Ok so can I ask if I'm missing that barrel switch?  The two threaded holes are just to hold a switch in place?