1955 Buick Century, fully optioned with AC in Arizona, not mine.

Kosage Chavis

1 hour ago, billbuickgs said:

I see the power brake booster unit inside the left frame rail , but what is the

tank toward the left back of the frame ?

Possible part of the AC unit mounted in the trunk ????

Bill

Well, I know you have the in line AC dehydrator.  The only other thing I can think you are referring to is the power brake vacuum tank, just rear of the power brake booster.

On 10/29/2017 at 10:11 PM, billbuickgs said:

I see the power brake booster unit inside the left frame rail , but what is the

tank toward the left back of the frame ?

Possible part of the AC unit mounted in the trunk ????

Bill

PB vacuum accumulator..................Bob

• Like 1

Looks like you've got another chance Kosage...

While not an easy restore, for what it is and being fully optioned, I could see it being a $40-50,000 car if meticulously restored to 400 point condition. Although cost to get it there would far exceed that of course. The last picture in the Flickr album is showing a donor trunk floor which would help tremendously I guess.

• Like 1

Unsold at $4k.  I was watching it and got notifications twice that the reserve had been lowered, so I'm guessing it's not too far off.  Location plays a big role on a car in this price range; it would probably cost me somewhere around $1000 for example just for delivery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Looks like you've got another chance Kosage...

While not an easy restore, for what it is and being fully optioned, I could see it being a $40-50,000 car if meticulously restored to 400 point condition. Although cost to get it there would far exceed that of course. The last picture in the Flickr album is showing a donor trunk floor which would help tremendously I guess.

Hey Mr Lamar.  I never intended to purchase this car.  I just thought someone on here would jump at the chance to buy it.  If I had deeper pockets, have no doubt that I would buy it. 

8 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Car had been relisted.

and with a Buy it Now of 4,500. 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1955-Buick-Century-Riviera-/322869784221?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20150519202348%26meid%3D9cb3a3ac31cc411fab586e180b32f83b%26pid%3D100408%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D222697994116&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

what a shame Kosage, that this didn't come up before you spent years and untold hundreds of $ to accrue all the parts for your car that came factory on this one. I feel your pain brotha.  I spent several years collecting a car and parts for to build a fifties period hot rod then ended up finding the 3 speed Century, THE car I had been looking for for years. Luckily at the time I was able to rob Peter to pay Paul in order to purchase it but am still selling off the hot rod parts in order to pay back Peter and reminding myself that half the fun is in the chase. 

On October 29, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Kosage Chavis said:

I would be all over this car if I was nearby. 

Rent a truck, you and the wife take a vacation to beautiful Arizona, rent a Uhaul trailer there and bring this baby home. I'll bet it even has the correct AC switch knob with the pointer. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are all right.  This car is fairly priced and it's everything I was looking for in a 55 Buick.  I just don't have that kind of money (let alone a vacation to add onto that).  If money was not an issue, it would already be mine and I would be posting new pictures in the "me and my buick" forum.  I would restore both cars (my buick and the Arizona car) and give my Dad the one I already have.  Man...now my imagination is running wild.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

OK ,WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER ON THIS CENTURY, Met the reserve $4500 ???????

The guy sold it to someone in southern California.  I wonder who that may be.  Whoever it was, I will be keeping my eyes open.  I just hope they put the love into it that it deserves.