Headlight trim ring suggestions

Guest codfish

Guest codfish

Getting ready to wire my 37 dodge coupe before spring rolls around.  It has the headlight buckets, but nothing else. Gonna use aftermarket taillights and front marker/signal light assemblies (the small ones that hang under the headlight buckets). 

Is there anything available in the way of a universal trim ring to fit the stock headlight buckets, that require no modifications.  The buckets are freshly painted, so I don't want to do any welding of tabs or anything.  7" of course.  Something with some sorta clips that kinda snap into place would be ideal.

thanks

gary

IMG_3510.JPG

Originally there should have been a very thin stainless trim ring on the outer rim of the bucket. They can be hard to find in good condition and you usually have to purchase another set of headlamps to get a pair. They are also difficult to remove without damaging them and also can be hard to reinstall. Since you're using sealed beams and I assume that you used a sealed beam adapter kit, you may have to fashion something to hide the gap. Period adapter kits probably came with the correct rings to finish the job. That's the trouble with trying to update things that weren't meant to be updated. Sealed beams may be good, but they always look like an afterthought to me.

• Like 1