Rockinrividad....what's going on with your restoration?

Seafoam65

Holy smokes is right!! I was just lurking on the forum today!! Did I set off a security alarm? Did u set up a virtual tripwire or are u spying on me haha. Just kidding.

Wow, life has a funny way of screwing up our plans right? I’ve been telling people I started my build 3 years ago haha…NOT. According to my build thread, I started 4 years ago. But I actually tore into my car months before that. I know I’m slow but we’re not quite at the 5 year mark haha. But I might be the oldest/longest build thread on here right? Do I get a trophy? Haha

I do have good & bad news to post as I have been inching along. But I wanted to post pics as well.  Keep a lookout for my thread.

Are pics still a favorite here? Unfortunately, this ‘PhotoSuckit” deal screwed up most of the pix on my build thread. I wanna fix those pix & post new ones. Fixing the old pix is gonna take time. I am trying to figure out what route to go with posting pix. 

What photo sharing site are u guys using? 

Thanks for reaching out Winston. If i hadn’t been lurking I may have missed your post. Everything happens for a reason.  

• Thanks 1

Ever since I saw this short video I try to be careful about posting pix. So I was using Photosuckit eversince. Now that option is no longer available.

Is posting our pix thru the forum a safe alternative vs using a photo sharing site? Sorry if this is common knowledge. But I mentioned before…I’m slow haha

The obvious solution to this issue is to use a digital camera instead of your phone to take pictures. That's what I do. I only use

my phone for talking to someone. It's amazing how Google has completely destroyed everyone's privacy in just a few short years.

4 hours ago, RockinRiviDad said:

The dude in the video said that digital cameras have the same problem. 

Only the  newer digital cameras have a GPS feature that shows in the EXIF File, and if yours does, you can cancel the GPS feature by accessing the camera's menu, and turning it OFF !

HI Tech gadgets - aren't they great ? :rolleyes:

@RockinRiviDad I know more about photos than cars. Suggest you google “How do I remove EXIF data from [your device]?” You’ll find easy directions, whether you use an Android phone, iPhone, windows computer, or Mac. While Facebook and eBay remove location data, this site may not, but you can easily remove before posting. 

Edited by QTRiv (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Purchased 63 Red Riviera May 2016 from a dealer in Wisconsin. Since I’ve had the car I have:

1. Rebuilt alternator output harness

2. Rebuilt carb

3. Rebuilt brake booster

4. Installed new radiator with extra core

5.replaced alternator and voltage regulator.

6.complete tune up

7.rebuilt AC and heater

8.bought 4 new tires

9. Replaced upholstery & carpet & all new weather stripping

10. New floor mats

11.new trunk kit

12. New exhaust from manifolds back

13.new battery

14.newuniversal joints

15. Added optikleen windshield washer bottle

ive been busy. A few more cosmetic items in the interior and a passenger side door adjustment should be it for awhile.

Oh, purchased a complete set of cast aluminum rims 

Edited by Red Riviera Bob
Forgot (see edit history)
  • Like 1