65 Riv gauge change to 5" quad sets

bluriv

I purchased a set of Auto Meter 5" Black Diamond Quad gauges to install in my 65 Riviera. Now that the season is coming to an end it is time to do the swap.

I had the motor rebuilt along with a number of other new parts and want to have accurate gauges. Don't think I've had a classic or hot rod without dependable gauges.

Has anyone done this swap? if so, how did you find the project to do and did parts fit and work properly  etc. etc. ??

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great talk!!

Jim Murphy

Here are pictures of gauges. Electronic, 5" diam., speedo/tach is model 2091 with a 5291 sender,  gauges are model 2012

gauge3.jpg

gauge bracket.jpg

gauge1.jpg

gauge2.jpg

Edited by bluriv
no title included (see edit history)

Those gauges are beautiful.That's something the factory should have done. If you can get them to fit

the bezels like the original gauges that's going to be very sharp.The main thing I dislike about the factory gauges 

on my car is that they are impossible to read at night, and the info is sorely lacking.......the gauges on the early Riviera

are the worst thing about the entire car's design.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

Those gauges are beautiful.That's something the factory should have done. If you can get them to fit

the bezels like the original gauges that's going to be very sharp.The main thing I dislike about the factory gauges 

on my car is that they are impossible to read at night, and the info is sorely lacking.......the gauges on the early Riviera

That's right. I have had a few different cars in the past and always did gauges as one of the first updates. I just bored the motor, polished crank, bigger cam, rockers, lifters head work etc. so I am not going to depend on a couple of idiot lights.

I'm just hoping the gauge work goes good. I have spoken to a person that did them but not to much input.

I'll keep you up to date, let you know how they go.

Thanks for response, I'll be talking to you again. See on line quite a bit

Jim....Blu Riv                                  

20170330_180229.jpg

Buick pic.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Including a clock.  59f29c35d9665_Galensdash1965Riviera.jpg.cda211fb1544aa6061a9183ab6ecf279.jpg

13 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Winston,

the cure for this is to replace the globes with LEDs. With some spring cleaning and LED globes you will be amazed at the difference. And if you are concerned about the dimming not working, leave one lighting globe as incandescent as it will help dim the others.

Sold on them.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1