victorialynn2

Show me your Foliage!

I took this picture at Paul Lauracella's Parts Of The Past when the sumac's were at their peek.

Something about the picture makes my finger sting when I look at it.

10-040003.thumb.JPG.cd9c113fb7d83fe38b6529398a367ceb.JPG

Bernie

• Haha 1

Caught this today, we had a few days of 40-50 MPH winds in the past few weeks so that blew most away, anyway enjoy. I really can not remember this may trees with foliage this late in the season

IMG_3659.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victorialynn2 said:

Hum... do they stay rust free better stores that way?

I don't worry about any rust....99% of those caps are stainless.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

You must have a big family!

Plate.jpg.32658661ff7461ea076ffab1c7adb519.jpg

Biting my tongue here..........................Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John348 said:

Caught this today, we had a few days of 40-50 MPH winds in the past few weeks so that blew most away, anyway enjoy. I really can not remember this may trees with foliage this late in the season

IMG_3659.JPG

Driving up to Gettysburg today most of the trees outside of DC we’re looking pretty empty, still quite a few nice ones along Washington memorial drive though 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dibarlaw said:

Hidden_hunter:

Sorry you missed us as we are 28 miles east at Chambersburg.

Just a whistle stop tour this time unfortunately, had a spare night in DC so we rented a car, drove to Gettysburg and will drive up to Lancaster (girlfriend wants to buy a blanket made by the Amish) before returning to DC

The rental Camry I’ve got is awful, totally gutless and a really indecisive gearbox but it gets from a to b 

Not much in the way of foliage left in central Ohio, but as the season for outside car work ends, I was getting ready to store my toys for the winter. However, we had a nice sunny day so my wife and I went out to lunch in the 2cv one more time before winter storage. Great day!

IMG_1194.JPG

• Like 1

Sort of past the colourful foliage at this point but crazy warm for this time of year at 50 degrees so brought her out and enjoy for what might be a final drive this year. 

IMG_2420.thumb.JPG.f04e84b2d9c836d558ea4f61e3989dc8.JPG

• Like 1

Photos are:

1) Tree in daughters backyard today

2) Tree as it was a couple of weeks ago.

I was too late to marry the Packard with the tree this year. Hope to co-ordinate better next year.

Autumn leaves.JPG

Autumn leaves4.JPG

• Like 1

I glanced at that picture quick and thought "That car is for jacking deer!" THEN I saw it was RHD.

Just curious, did that car ever spend time in South Africa? Mel Hayes, in Horseheads, New York had one a couple decades ago that I took a liking to.

Bernie

• Like 1

Bernie,

Never in South Africa. Sold new in Queensland Australia at the end of 1949 and history, although patchy, is known. Was titled as a '49 but built as a '50, but under my ownership is now titled as a  '50. 

So I too are a week late with the photo opportunity and the foliage that and the fact we get very little variation in the colour of our foliage mostly it's green but he is a pic 

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

So I too are a week late with the photo opportunity and the foliage that and the fact we get very little variation in the colour of our foliage mostly it's green but he is a pic 

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

Is this a modern version or a kit? I don’t know much about these type of cars, but I’ve seen a few at shows lately that say they are built in the modern age but not kit cars. Lovely car. Thanks for posting. 

This is no kit car or modern version, it's my 1927 Chev Speedster, it's based on the light commercial chassis Dad and I built it about 18 years ago. I'm pleased you like it it's heaps of fun and was affordable at the time for someone just out of college, 18 years later I still get a blast out of driving it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

This is no kit car or modern version, it's my 1927 Chev Speedster, it's based on the light commercial chassis Dad and I built it about 18 years ago. I'm pleased you like it it's heaps of fun and was affordable at the time for someone just out of college, 18 years later I still get a blast out of driving it.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. :)