Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

Here is a shot of the the motor firing for the first time in?????? Fixed a dead short in the wiring, blowing fuses, ignition switch had to be taken apart and cleaned, not switching power, coil wired backwards, wrong firing order, plug wires assembled wrong, bad connections, fouled plugs, chunks of old distributor cap under new cap and wrong gap on points. Ran when parked. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

pict 014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, 28 Chrysler said:

We get very little fall colors here in southern Nevada. This is it, at my place.

001.JPG

One of the few things I miss about the upper Midwest are the gorgeous fall season and winter seasons around Christmas time.

South central Arizona is full of foliage that is pretty spectacular in it's own right but nothing like up north or east coast for sure...

https://www.fireflyforest.com/flowers/category/flowering-season/fall-blooming-plants/

We also have a small unknown hole in the north that attracts a few ...

Image result for grand canyon blooming in the fall

Can't forget about the Alpine area in northeastern Arizona around the Hannigan Meadows area.

Image result for alpine meadows az blooming in the fall

• Like 3

West Point is a beautiful historical place to go. My wife and I had always gone to one game a year for the true collage football "experience" and  usually we a get a fantastic color show of foliage, sadly not so this year. I am a retired a IBEW Electrician and  we go with a group of fellow electricians all these years have a reserved tailgate at the south dock along the Hudson River. We have always enjoyed the best kept secret foliage show 35 miles north of NYC for almost 40 years now. There is only one tree just starting to turn on the eastern shore of the Hudson.  The feeling of history when you walk on that campus is unbelievable 

IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Attended an event here in CT yesderday, a little cool but otherwise perfect.  Took this overview shot, we have some color on the trees now.  The immaculate Bear Cat was driven in, albeit a relatively short drive.  90% prewar, 75% of that brass era stuff.  A fun day.

20181021_124750.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here is our 1915 Ford and my friends' 1911 Cadillac out for a recent fall run, not many leaves left on the trees here in Alberta. The temperature was fine but heading into a very stiff breeze it took all 20 horses to keep the 'T' movin' , fortunately we had the tops down for aerodynamic purposes.

IMG_1475.JPG

• Like 5

Fall is about past here (Smoky Mountains, NW North Carolina).  This morning, there was snow on the mountains above 3500'. Where the picture was taken, we had a 1/2' of snow, but it melted before I took the picture. However, the leaves are still pretty and this is a great time of year: Crisp mornings, warm afternoon sun, cold nights. 

Below is a picture of my car. In the background - barely visible - is Grandfather Mountain. Had I been faster with my camera, the photo would have included three turkeys - two hens and a Tom.They are very pretty birds, but look too scrawny to invite to my Thanksgiving table. 

Phil

Harriet (11:3:18).JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

I love the lines on that body style T bird. Nice color too.

The color did it for me, too...as near as I can tell, it's Acapulco Blue, which is a '62 color.  It was originally Diamond Blue, which is very, very light; I can see evidence of that and one other color in various spots around the car, and the current color is by far my favorite of the three.  :)

017.JPG

• Like 2

Here is another Smoky Mountain shot. The car is a 1966 Morgan drophead coupe. The shot was taken a few days ago, when  a front had moved through and the weather was great: Crisp, cold air, lots of sunshine, no clouds, and lots of leaves. The road shown here is straight, but we spent the afternoon touring windy mountain roads, with lots of steep and lots of switchbacks. The only thing that could have made it better was other old cars and friends (not necessarily old) joining us. 

P

IMGP0794.JPG

• Like 5

C Carl, 

The top was in the 3/4 position, since the air temp was brisk. After I posted this picture, I concluded I should have taken more pictures, especially showing views of the "scenic, winding mountain roads". A storm came through last night, and the leaves are mostly gone now. However, I will make an effort to get pictures of some of the roads and the scenery - maybe this weekend.

Phil

• Like 1

The leaves are starting to loose their color and autumn is about to go brown in a day or two, was out back enjoying a cup of coffee and decided to take the cover off the 60 and take this photo. Those trees and my privacy will be gone to a sub division, it was a great 35 years of privacy.... soon to be gone

IMG_5426.JPG

• Like 5