Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

This picture was taken just today. Sitting on the patio in the sun, and drinking a cold beer. If you look close you will see the leaves are off the trees. But you still can see some summer green on the left over bell peppers. And you can see the beautiful fall amber glow in the wheat ale. You just have to love fall colors. :rolleyes: 

phone 4 009.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John348 said:

Caught this today, we had a few days of 40-50 MPH winds in the past few weeks so that blew most away, anyway enjoy. I really can not remember this may trees with foliage this late in the season

IMG_3659.JPG

Driving up to Gettysburg today most of the trees outside of DC we’re looking pretty empty, still quite a few nice ones along Washington memorial drive though 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dibarlaw said:

Hidden_hunter:

Sorry you missed us as we are 28 miles east at Chambersburg.

Just a whistle stop tour this time unfortunately, had a spare night in DC so we rented a car, drove to Gettysburg and will drive up to Lancaster (girlfriend wants to buy a blanket made by the Amish) before returning to DC

The rental Camry I’ve got is awful, totally gutless and a really indecisive gearbox but it gets from a to b 

Not much in the way of foliage left in central Ohio, but as the season for outside car work ends, I was getting ready to store my toys for the winter. However, we had a nice sunny day so my wife and I went out to lunch in the 2cv one more time before winter storage. Great day!

IMG_1194.JPG

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I glanced at that picture quick and thought "That car is for jacking deer!" THEN I saw it was RHD.

Just curious, did that car ever spend time in South Africa? Mel Hayes, in Horseheads, New York had one a couple decades ago that I took a liking to.

Bernie

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

So I too are a week late with the photo opportunity and the foliage that and the fact we get very little variation in the colour of our foliage mostly it's green but he is a pic 

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

Is this a modern version or a kit? I don’t know much about these type of cars, but I’ve seen a few at shows lately that say they are built in the modern age but not kit cars. Lovely car. Thanks for posting. 

This is no kit car or modern version, it's my 1927 Chev Speedster, it's based on the light commercial chassis Dad and I built it about 18 years ago. I'm pleased you like it it's heaps of fun and was affordable at the time for someone just out of college, 18 years later I still get a blast out of driving it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

This is no kit car or modern version, it's my 1927 Chev Speedster, it's based on the light commercial chassis Dad and I built it about 18 years ago. I'm pleased you like it it's heaps of fun and was affordable at the time for someone just out of college, 18 years later I still get a blast out of driving it.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. :)

• 3 months later...

I was at Crater Lake last weekend. Leaves are starting to turn here, but you can’t tell from these pics where there is mostly evergreens. Will have the 57 out for some work when parts get in. Hopfefully I can get some pics in with some foliage at that time. 

Love everyones pics!

F2DCD4DC-981F-4EEF-A4D9-B0F3B3011C00.jpeg

2FCF02E2-EB97-44E6-8417-15A1F9D50113.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Victorialynn2, not a whole lot of foliage shown here, but you can certainly see two of our climates !  I just re-painted Karen's little car, and she had cleaned it up real good for a parade.... it poured rain on her, ha !  Anyway, it is kinda' lush up where I took this, then down at the coast turning into near desert as it goes toward the north end of the island.  We have 11 of the 13 climates on earth here on the Big Island, so we can get almost any type of background....fun, fun, fun !

DSCN6551.JPG

• Like 1