Marvel carburetor

RUDDY

• 3 months later...

These carburetors are a real Marvel. They are both from Buick E-49's and look pretty much identical to each other, though the casting numbers differ. Looking to make a winter project out of removing acorns and sticks brought in by mice, and one actual dead mouse, and-------unlike other car parts preserved by grease and tar-----rust.

Waiting for the rebuild kit from The Carburetor Shop in Missoura.

P1040174.JPG

P1040175.JPG

P1040176.JPG

Edited by Morgan Wright
dunno (see edit history)

One problem I have is, the carb on the left was painted by some idiot long ago who thought that painting automobile parts is a good idea. Now I can't do anything to that one without removing the paint with bulldog paint remover, which is a miserable process. The most common problem you see on old cars that have been "restored" by idiots who think that restoring cars means painting everything to look new, including painting parts that were never painted when they were new, is removing paint. Adjustment nuts can't be adjusted because they are PAINTED. Casting stamp numbers can't be read because they are PAINTED. Biggest problem in restoring old cars........removing paint some amateur put on.

People, please. If the part wasn't painted when it was new, just don't.

The Orginal Poster bought a universal joint from me a few weeks ago. In fact, looking back over his advert, I may have sent him more parts than he required. I sent him the cast 'U' section, as well as the pressed steel universal joint coupling (133-1). I also sent him 133-2, which he may not have needed.