66 molding clips???

Guest qcclassics

Guest qcclassics

I'm in the process of putting our 66 rivi gs back together and can not seem to source any of the side molding clips.  I believe I have found one type, but there's another I can't seem to find.  I have attached a couple pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

clip1.jpg

clip2.jpg

As you are finding these lower door molding clips are not being reproduced. I know from selling 66-67 parts they are in demand. I could have sold 30 of them if I had. Only option is to find used or try and fabricate something. They are out there but require digging to find and someone willing to sell small parts.  A problem is people fail to investigate proper trim removal and break the clips because after 50 years the plastic is brittle. The two shown in pic are for the very ends and threaded screws are used with them. The mid section clips are flat and go on the T posts. 

Note to anyone parting a 66-67 save these clips!

These 

3 hours ago, qcclassics said:

anyone??  I'm having no luck searching and calling shops

These can be made with plastic printers or machined out of Teflon or nylon block.

The 3D plastic printer can do the outer shape. Then drill and tap the hole after.

- If ya got the dough:

hello.voodoomfg.com/

Anywho - the wings are just to hold the wedge in until assembly. You dont need the wings.

One could cut these out of nylon block with some fine saws. 

Amazon has some block.

Edited by PWB (see edit history)