Interchangeable parts.

Lil Red Coupe

Wondering if some of you guys could help me. I have just bought a 1960 Cadillac Fleetwood Hardtop Sedan , it's pretty run down but is on the road and it drove the 120 miles home effortlessly. I have just got the chance of parts from a 1964 Sedan Deville from a local guy who is breaking one. I was wondering what parts may be interchangeable with my 1960.
He has engine ( 390 same as mine ) , trans, rear axle, brake drums and all the suspension components. He also has the brake booster which I need as mine has had a remote booster fitted, will the 64 fit mine or is it totally different. I'm not opposed to doing some adaption but don't want to stray to far from stock if I can help it.
Reason I ask and want to use these parts is because I'm in the UK and the cost of shipping heavy parts is absolutely crippling to the wallet.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Paul.

You need a parts catalog covering both the 1960 and the 1964.  Note that the 1964 (thru '67) was a 429 cid which is substantially the same as the 1963 (only) 390.  The 1963 390 was a different block from earlier 390s, with the distributor at the front.  The 1964 also saw the introduction of the TH trans--but not on all models.  Sorry I can't be of any further help, as I'm too far removed in time from the 1964 60S sedan I drove 100K miles.

VERY DIFFERENT cars , Paul. Engine in 1964 is the first of the 429s , although 1963 had some 429 elements in it's last of the 390s. Different frame , trans , etc. , different cars with very significant evolutionary engineering. I see that you are still young , and quite energetic and experienced. I am sure in your case that you could modify some components for your applications , but it will not be a simple plug in. Are you a Cadillac & LaSalle Club member ? We have a couple dozen or so U.K. Members , maybe around 8 '60 - '64 Cads , and about the same number of last series flathead monoblock V8 cars. Also , do you by chance know Steve Passmore in England who is an expert on these last flathead  Cads ? He is a very frequent contributor at   forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org . I notice George has posted since I started this , I will post in any case , as it corroborates what he has said.  Do join us in CLC if you have not yet done so.  - Carl

Thanks George and Carl for taking the time to answer, it's much appreciated.

Carl you have made my day with you " still young " comment, I don't feel it some days.

I bought my Cadillac as I wanted a luxury cruiser that I could apply a really nice custom paint too and still have all the creature comforts of a stock car. The car I have bought is fairly run down but is completely stock. The interior is shot along with the paint so it suited my plans perfectly.

Upon some investigation it would appear that my Fleetwood has as far as I can tell every option available at the time apart from fog lights.

It has A/C, Cruise control, power steering, brakes, windows, vent windows, locks, trunk lock with auto close, it had air suspension, E Z eye glass, Autronic eye , 6 way seat, stainless door guards, etc.

I think my plan now is to slowly bring this old girl back to her former glory. Maybe I should just get the correct 1960 parts as I reckon she deserves it.

Carl I have spoken to Steve on here as my wife recently bought a 1941 Cadillac fastback and he replied to my post. He's quite a distance from me but hopefully we will cross paths at some point.

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

• Like 1