Searching for a 1930 Model A sold in Georgia

Guest Mccag77

Guest Mccag77

All,

I am in search of a 1930 Model A Deluxe Coupe that my Grandfather sold in 1980. Im sure it sounds crazy but thought therevis no better time than now to start the search. I dont know the best way to proceed because i do not have the VIN number. I have some history on the restoration that my Grandfather performed along with a photo album logging that history. Other items andbinformation that should also help. I am new to this forum and would really appreciate suggestions. 

Guest Mccag77

Thanks for your reply. My Grandfather lived in Columbus Georgia, Vehicle was sold in town or very near to another gentleman in 1980. It was a 1930 Model "A" Six Wheeled Deluxe Coupe. The vehicle was featured in the local newspaper  the "Chattahoochee Magazine" (Columbus Georgia) March 16,1980. I am working on pictures. Are there any other sites or methods your familiar with that might be good for me to explore?

• Guest changed the title to Searching for a 1930 Model A sold in Georgia
Guest Mccag77

Thank you, I will try that. From your experience have you known of any of these vehicles converted from hard top to convertible? I'm curious because I have already seen one or two very similar but in a convertible. 

I'd guess and hope that if it survived to 1980 in that great condition then it would not have gotten chopped up. I would focus on the original body style.

It might not even be that color anymore. If you have restoration photos, see if perhaps it was a different color before the restoration. It's possible someone restored it back to original. 1980 was almost 40 years ago, so it may have been due at some point depending on how it was used/enjoyed.

Go through the photos and see if you can determine anything special about the car. If you don't know the Model A's super well, find someone. You'll be amazed how much knowledge some folks have and they may be able to pick out a detail you and I would miss that would help identify it.

Look though any other family documents that might have the vin listed. Tax files, bill of sales, registrations, old versions of wills, etc.

Of course ask family members if they remember where it went. Was it a local guy, family friend, Hemmings sale?

It's a long shot, but I'll be the car's out there! Good luck and let us know the progress and any other clues you dig up.