Bet you haven't seen one of these:

padgett

cool mini. and made in italy? i would guess old fiat key blanks.

in 1965 my neighbor bought a new austin cooper s. that was such a fun car. later in 1967 i bought a 1964 mg 1100 sedan. also fun until the crankshaft broke at the #4 throw rod.  then sold it to an amigo who put his own engine (from a wrecked mg1100) into it. ran for a long time. 

Edited by mrspeedyt (see edit history)

Had one that we bought brand new in Scotland in 1980 - it was the Clubman Estate.  Neat little car that fit nicely on the roads over there.  Funny story - after only a few thousand miles I went back to the dealer complaining about "premature tire wear."  (oops - thats TYRE wear!).  The guy who ran the service department where we bought it was also a friend in the local antique auto club there and he quietly said to me - "think about it - those little tyres go round twice as much as the bigger ones do, so of course they will wear out sooner than you are used to with your big American ones."  Made sense.  Nice car that served us well.  We managed to perfect loading it for camping trips.

Terry

image.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

You should head to "ROAD AMERICA" in Elkhart WI for the JUNE SPRINTS.  We loved watching the mini races with about 40 of them running 3 abreast around the track. It was great fun.  

Years ago the Mini's used to race every winter on the frozen lakes of Minneapolis, don't remember what it cost to watch, but considering how tight my dad was with a buck it had to be darn near free. 

Hey, that is a neat little car.  My Sunbeam Tiger key also fits our Mini, along with several other "foreign" makes.  Our little car is a 63, and I am on the 2nd set of tires from the Tire Rack, but owned it since 1988, so that's pretty good !  The paint job is mine and was done as "fun" and sort of a self-defense thing while living in Nashville, TN so "big Rigs" could see us better.  You are going to love the little car I'll bet !

1963MiniFront.jpg