Zcrowley5549

Service manual

When you look at the above Ebay link.....notice that at least 2 of the 1990 manuals have lettering in RED that says NEW PRODUCT INFORMATION.

These are pre-production publications that contain ONLY NEW information for the year of that service manual.

At a later date the complete service manual became available and the red words were not on the front.

If you were to buy one of the manuals with the red lettering, you would be getting an INCOMPLETE service manual.

I will not say they are worthless,  but you would need a 1989 complete service manual to go with it to have everything you need.

Unfortunately, the 1990 Reatta service manuals are the most expensive because of supply and demand.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney Eaton said:

At a later date the complete service manual became available and the red words were not on the front

Yes, so this would be the "cheapest and correct" choice-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Buick-Riviera-Reatta-Service-Shop-Manual-Original-/253202200681?hash=item3af406f869:g:180AAOSw~CFY6XEF&vxp=mtr

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, 89RedDarkGrey said:

I really enjoyed the .pdf version- print out what you need, take it out to greasy garage- instead of a heavy, $100 fragile book.

That has it's merits but I like a good old fashioned service manual.  But maybe 89RedDarkGrey's way is better.  The manuals are thick and invariably don't stay on the page you are on.    Just print what you need and go, sounds good to me plus easier storage. 

• Thanks 1