signal flasher

NickST

Hi 

My right hand signal is not flashing on my 48 desoto S11.I know it  is not the bulbs as they have been checked, the left hand does flash but takes a second or two to react once the signal lever is pulled down.

Would this be down to the flasher unit on its way out or is there another explanation, they did both work when I first got the car last year but were a bit temperamental then.

I live in the UK and any advice would be much appreciated as you can imagine I dont yet know anybody else near me who has a 48 desoto.

Many thanks

Nick.

You are using #1158 bulbs correct? These dual filament  bulbs can be installed either way. They are not indexed so they can be installed  in the wrong position... park or tail lamp position instead of T/signal position. The park and or tail lamp bulb would be super bright... which it should not be. Only the turn signal  filament will be bright.

The sockets are real clean... no rewiring done... IE plastic covered wire or poorly done rewire?

A weak ground to the light housing can cause this or a weak new chinese replacement flasher.

I would carefully jumper ground each light socket/housing with the turn signal on to check for a weak  light housing or light socket ground issue. The light will immediately get brighter and a fast strong blink if it's a ground issue.