Sign in to follow this  
marc1122

Lafrance fire truck

I am looking for a transport of a 1926 American lafrance fire truck from auburn, California to Fillmore, Indiana. It does not run and has many loose pieces that go with it. Will require a winch and possibly Dolley wheels to load. I would like to be in the 3 to 4K range to get it shipped. Any information would be appreciated.

You need to post size, weight, etc. Also, if it rolls or has flat tires and stuck wheels. How the parts are boxed, and how heavy. Photos is your best option. You should also state open or closed. Anything as large as a fire truck is difficult to have hauled, one that's not a roller makes it many times more difficult. I just moved a firetruck from Ohio to Mass that  was intact and rolling, but not running, and paid two dollars per mile. It was about ten tons and 22 feet. I would advertise on the Spamfa website. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

May I suggest you use more accurate, more descriptive language. 

In the REAL fire service,  ( well...those who use the training manuals and definitions of publications certified by the FIRE SERVICE TRAINING ASSOCIATION.)    ...and amongst hobbyists who care about such things....there is no such thing as a "fire TRUCK". 

There are fire ENGINES.    These come in various sizes and capabilities.    There also are rescue TRUCKS...there are ladder TRUCKS....there are salvage TRUCKS.  There are water TRUCKS  (sometimes referred to as tanker TRUCKS.    There are (or used to be) chemical TRUCKS.

Using the term fire TRUCK dosnt tell folks much about what it is you want moved.  I recommend you listen to others in here and be more descriptive.