SOLD: Significant Price Reduction: Gorgeous, 1953 Packard Caribbean Convertible

Owner is motivated to sell. Price reduced to 59,500.00 or near offers.

The 1953 Packard Caribbean Convertibles were inspired by the 1952 Packard Pan American show car. The bodies for the semi-custom Caribeans were built by the Mitchell-Bentley Corporation of Ionia, Michigan. Only 750 were built during 1953 and carried a factory price of about 5,200.00. Standard equipment on all Caribbeans included full leather interior, chrome plated wire wheels, and a rear continental kit.

By the late 1960s, Bill Mitchell, the owner of Mitchell-Bentley was beginning to assemble a collection of cars for his Ionia, Michigan museum. His focus was on Mitchell automobiles as well as those vehicles built and/or modified by his company. He purchased this 1953 Packard Caribbean from the original owner. This Caribbean was owned by Mitchell until the museum was sold in 2014 and it was purchased by its third and current owner.

Over the years, Mitchell regularly used the Caribbean. He had it professionally restored in the 1990s, although it was still a very original car and required little in the way of restoration. The car was regularly driven and always maintained. The mileage shown is about 86,000, which is likely to be original.

Today, this car is ready to use and enjoy. It runs and drives excellent.  All systems work properly and the car has been recently serviced. The paint is in excellent condition as is the interior. All of the body panels are straight and solid. The engine bay is extremely clean and well detailed.  It is super clean inside and out, top to bottom. It looks and sits right from all angles.

This is a rare opportunity to own a desirable, three-owner, post war Packard. The asking price is 74,000.00 but all offers will be considered. Located in Dayton, Ohio.

For more information or to schedule an inspection, please email:motoringicons@hotmail.com or call 734-730-4274. Thank you.

53P-1.JPG

53P2.JPG

53P3.JPG

53P4.JPG

53P6.JPG

53P7.JPG

53P14.JPG

53P10.jpg

53P11.JPG

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This car intrigues me , current asking price 60k , considering the low production figures and original cost , should I compare it to a skylark or caddy and as such looks great value .  It is a lovely car and not being au fait with specific make/ model values where does Packard lie in the value stakes compared to other makes, just curious as first carabbien I've seen for sale.

Good luck with sale , I'd offer if I was looking 

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

If I was going to own a postwar car, this would certainly be one for consideration. It looks like a great car and is priced about the same as a 1955-57 Chevrolet convertible-maybe even a bit less. Lots of metal for the money and a prestigious marque as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...