Daimler DE36 Gold Car?

MCW

I know what this car is, it's the 1951 Daimler DE36 'Gold Car', but I'd like to contact the current owner in relation to a book about Hooper that I'm working on.

If anyone could help me do this, it would be much appreciated.

I believe the photographs were taken at the Hershey gathering in 2001.

(Sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this type of question, but I thought it was the most appropriate one.)

462511.jpg

462513.jpg

462515.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ran across your request, some where in my archives I have info. on the owner around 2002. I will try to find it for you. I am the owner of the 1950 Docker Daimler Hooper Earl's Court Auto Show. There was recently a book released "Docker Daimlers,; it forgot to mention mine. Brian Smith's "The Daimler Tradition" didn't forget.

I would be willing to help in anyway with your book, as I know more than most about (Dockers, show cars, Hooper, Osmond Rivers, etc.)

20160627_085751.png

20170629_114946.jpg

• 1 month later...

The interior of the car was Zebra print for the seats, all the switch gear was gold plated, in fact every thing that would have been plated chrome in the car was gold.

The reason Lady Docker was disliked was that we the ordinary people were still using our ration books and Lady Docker was driving around in a gold-plated car.

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 1:50 PM, Eco said:

I remember a Docker Daimler in Birmingham UK but all the brightwork was gold plated. the body was white. Birmingham people didn't much like Lady Docker.

Why didn't they like her?

I got the impression that she was liked and disliked in roughly equal measures!

On 2/20/2018 at 7:54 AM, 1950 Docket Show Car said:

I just ran across your request, some where in my archives I have info. on the owner around 2002. I will try to find it for you. I am the owner of the 1950 Docker Daimler Hooper Earl's Court Auto Show. There was recently a book released "Docker Daimlers,; it forgot to mention mine. Brian Smith's "The Daimler Tradition" didn't forget.

I would be willing to help in anyway with your book, as I know more than most about (Dockers, show cars, Hooper, Osmond Rivers, etc.)

20160627_085751.png

20170629_114946.jpg

Thanks for getting in touch - I have sent you a private message. Your car was another one that I was interested in tracking down. The electric cocktail cabinet would seem to be another manifestation of Osmond Rivers' love of gadgets...

Edited by MCW (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm a documentary producer working for the BBC on a film that will look at the Dockers and will, I hope, include a sequence about the Docker Daimlers.

I would love to know the whereabouts of any of the existing cars today, aside from the 'Blue Clover' which I believe is in Korea. 

I would certainly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be be able to shed some light. My email is alec.webb@bbc.co.uk

Kindest of regards,

Alec