Roadmaster engine rebuild

64_wildcat

Hi, 

I've got a 1994 Buick Roadmaster and I hope I can get some help. I just got the 5.7L back from the machine shop and I need to reassemble it. One of the questions I have is about the oil pump pick up shaft. What does It drive and what goes on top of it. 

Thanks. 

You might get quicker answers to this question if you posted it in the Buick Post War forum.  Also I don't understand what you are asking.  Maybe I'm old and was blond but I have been working on cars since the early 50's ( engines, transmissions, differentials etc.) and  I don't understand what an oil pump pickup shaft is.  I could understand a pickup tube or is it possible that you want to know what drives the shaft on the oil pump???

You should have a shop manual for any car you own, always, and a parts book.

The 94 Roadmaster uses a Chevy LT1 motor with the Optispark system. The "pancake" distributor sits behind the water pump and is driven directly from the front of the cam. The distributor shaft is in line with the cam centerline. I assume there is a separate shaft that drives the oil pump, but I've now exceeded my knowledge of these motors...

• Like 1