Hershey in the spring?

crazycars

Depending on where you're from, the SE spring meet in Charlotte, hosted by the Hornets Nest Region, is worth going to. It's a large scale operation at the speedway. I only live 25 minutes from Hershey, but the family and I have made it down to Charlotte the past few springs and really enjoy it.

• Like 1

I stopped going to Charlotte two years ago, I went for many years selling and buying,  Seems all tools,buffing,sandblasters,reproduction, every corner is reproduction chevy ford, nothing really in  early parts anymore, all hot rod and muscle and modern stuff. It used to be really good, I suppose you can find some stuff, but if your into early 20s cars plus 1928-1932 Plymouth desoto chrysler dodge just not there In my opinion or worth the drive for me.

good luck

3 hours ago, thehandleman said:

I stopped going to Charlotte two years ago, I went for many years selling and buying,  Seems all tools,buffing,sandblasters,reproduction, every corner is reproduction chevy ford, nothing really in  early parts anymore, all hot rod and muscle and modern stuff. It used to be really good, I suppose you can find some stuff, but if your into early 20s cars plus 1928-1932 Plymouth desoto chrysler dodge just not there In my opinion or worth the drive for me.

good luck

Ditto Carlisle.................Bob

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have always loved Charlotte.  The food is great, hotel rooms reasonably priced and the people are extremely friendly.   I will admit that pre war car parts are not as plentiful as at Hershey, however post war is probably more so.   I took a friend along a year or so ago who was looking for rear inner fenders for a 39 Chevy (I think) anyway he found 3 sets in less than 2 rows in the flea market .  If you go plan on 3 days for the flea market and leave time for the AACA show