1962 Lincoln convertible

9 hours ago, W_Higgins said:

There is no curse.  I have the Maintenance Manuals for '60, '64, and '66 and the procedure is very clear about how to remove the oil filter adapter.  One of the best things about Lincolns of this era is the service literature.  I have found very little fault with it. 

Oh if were only that easy. There are but three bolts holding the adapter to the engine. Remove and replace.  Actually getting a wrench on those three bolts is a completely different story.  And that, as the old joke goes, is where the fight started!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 6:45 AM, Roger Zimmermann said:

Can you see the bolts from under?

Yes...but I can't get a straight shot at them with a wrench.  I tried a universal joint style swivel to no avail.  I'm betting if anyone would know how to get into a tight spot it would be you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ericmac said:

Yes...but I can't get a straight shot at them with a wrench.  I tried a universal joint style swivel to no avail.  I'm betting if anyone would know how to get into a tight spot it would be you!

See if you can find (or make) and offset wrench.  The picture below is one for getting the engine mounts on a C-Class Mercedes so not for your Lincoln but it should show you the general idea.  If you can't find one you can always make one but cutting wrench off and tack welding it on the end of an extension or pipe/bar/etc.

s-l640.jpg.916ae5f634f854a59bafb8055dc9b076.jpg

Edited by Luv2Wrench (see edit history)