Another find from the PO - HELP!!!

Wheelmang

Well I had the bright idea that as long as the wheel end was apart for brakes it would be good to clean and grease the wheel bearings. All went well on the driver side. Down hill from there. Attached are pictures of the threads on the passenger side axle end. The bearing race would not budge. I ended up using a drift punch and hammer to slowly coax it out. It was not until it was completely out that I could see the problem. The bearing race is OK except for rounded over tines. Any suggestions for how to fix this are greatly appreciated. (26DB 6V).

Axle A.JPG

Axle B.JPG

Axle C.JPG

Edited by Wheelmang
added year of car (see edit history)

The first photo makes it look out of round.  Is that the case?  I'm not sure what you can do about the distorted threads beyond re-tapping them but where do you find that tap?  I suppose you could try to carefully open up the threads near the slot with a thin dremel tool disc.  

The wheel bearings and axle are back in place. I ended up cleaning up what threads I could by hand with a ground to a point and heat treated 90° tool. It helped but still needed to finish the reinstall with a pneumatic hammer. It will work for now as I will only be traveling at the most a few "testing" miles until ready for the road stage. So - if anyone in the general vicinity of NW Georgia has a rear axle available for a 1926 DB 6V, I'm in the market.    

Thanks

Paul