1938 Fender Attach Clips

I sold one of my '38 P6 coupes to a friend. He is now doing a frame off restoration and needs to locate 20 of these clips that attach to the front fenders. Not sure, but maybe Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler used the same style this year? Can anyone help out with a supplier? Any help is appreciated.

Greg

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

They resemble a standard captive nut. You should be able to buy them at any good auto parts store or industrial supply like NAPA or Grainger. I recently bought a couple dozen for a 66 Dodge I am doing some bodywork on. The new ones look different but are functionally the same. I believe they are called spring nuts.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Actually, there was a piece of cowl lacing that fit into the opening to protect the hood sides that slipped into them. I have been looking for these for years. They were used for all Chrysler cars in 37, 38, and I believe in 39. You would think that they would still be around but I have not found anyone that specializes in Chrysler parts that has ever seen them. If you succeed in finding them let me know. Thedodgegarage@rcn.com. 

You might try Restoration Specialties in PA for some. many of these older clips are no longer available and they may require a sample to compare to others that may sub. He may end up having to make some. Their number is 814-467-9842 9am-5pm EST. Mon-Fri. They have a website but not all of their items are on it or in the catalog. If you call, ask for Jeff.