RichBad

1927/28 Dodge Brothers series 128/129 Tourer

When I rebuilt my Olds 6 cylinder motor, the machine shop did all the work and reassembled the whole motor for a ridiculously low amount then delivered it to my garage. When I went to reassemble the bell housing and flywheel onto the rear of the motor I realized they forgot to put the flywheel bolts in the crank flange. Like your engine, the bolts do not clear the sump or block so they came and picked it up, installed the bolts, and brought the motor back to me, all for no charge. Needless to say, this shop does all my motor work. He stands behind all he does and does it affordable for the customer.

• Like 1

The information contained here is wonderful.

I am forwarding to a friend with a 1927 model 50 who has not started on his car yet.

This will be good for him to see

Thank You

Hans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, robert b said:

Richard the frame has come up very well and was what you heeded to get things in order , glad to see the car running , its a very good feeling at this stage to see all your work turn out so well ,it stands square on the springs , very good work Bob

Thanks Bob, I couldn’t have done it without your help!  I think the chassis would have kept me going for another year!  It looks great and more importantly starts and runs very smoothly and the quick drive I did was very smooth.  The clutch is super smooth and very easy- your instructions worked a treat!  It almost feels too easy!  Next step to get the body done although I think I’ll put it back on in its current state to do some driving over summer and start work on it in the winter as I think it needs a bit of work.

• Like 1