1929 MODEL A FORD ROADSTER IS SOLD

This is a very solid and rust free Model A Ford roadster with an originally installed rumbleseat. The car was a barn find from Iowa and still retains the original interior and character of a true survivor. The top was replaced in 2012 and new side curtains were custom made for her. When I had the motor rebuilt, everything was done right with new Babbitt bearings poured by George King in Connecticut and new components used throughout - if you have had any of this kind of work done you will know the expense involved...

Here is a list of work that was done:
- All brakes rebuilt
- All original shock absorbers rebuilt
- New wheel seals front & rear
- New king pins & bushings
- New aluminum fan (originals were prone to cracking & failure with ugly results)
- New motor mount springs & pads
- Fuel system cleaned, shut-off and sediment bulb rebuilt as well as the gas gage and original Zenith carburetor
- Engine rebuild including new Babbitt bearings, crank ground .020 under, re-babbitted rods, bored .060 over with new pistons, rings, and wrist pins, new stainless steel valves springs & keepers, new manifold & head studs, oil pump rebuilt, new oil pump drive gearing added, new timing gear.
- Transmission rebuilt including new sealed front and main shaft bearings, sealed cluster gear shaft, sealed reverse gear shaft, new cluster bearings, new clutch disk, and a new throw out bearing.

The car is 
SOLD 

Thanks for looking, Mark

a2.jpg

a02.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a16.jpg

a17.jpg

a18.jpg

Edited by Mark Wetherbee
Car was sold (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I love it just as it sits, we have a 30 standard roadster in very similar shape.  Issue is your price is on par with an example that might present differently, which I am sure you know.   You need the right buyer whose not looking for a driver level restoration or shiny example. That buyer should be out there.

I know from experience with ours, people will give it a lot of love at the shows.  That, and the fact I have seen instances where people have spent thousands trying to duplicate the aged look, are keeping me from the paint and trim shop.

I would wait, you could separate the engine but that's a hassle as well.  The 4, if healthy pushes the roadsters along pretty good due to the weight differences with the closed cars.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

From what I think, WW2 probably ate up a large number of pre war cars and importing them from the states is less expensive than what is already there. The three most interested buyers were from Switzerland, Germany, and Hungry and the guys that were from the USA all wanted to make a 50’s rod out of her. Sad but I would rather see her go overseas than get a chop job!