odd brake question

TrekLawler

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the TC brake system with this style of antilock brakes and hope someone can help me. I just picked up an 89 TC that is in really good shape and runs well. the problem I have is with the brakes, they stop very well but if you just sitting for any length of time with your foot on the brakes the peddle all of a sudden goes to the floor and almost loses pressure on the system requiring you to let off and re-depress the pedal.

any thoughts as I've been digging through the manual on the braking system and a little lost.

Thanks in advance

Edited by TrekLawler (see edit history)

16 hours ago, TrekLawler said:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the TC brake system with this style of antilock brakes and hope someone can help me. I just picked up an 89 TC that is in really good shape and runs well. the problem I have is with the brakes, they stop very well but if you just sitting for any length of time with your foot on the brakes the peddle all of a sudden goes to the floor and almost loses pressure on the system requiring you to let off and re-depress the pedal.

any thoughts as I've been digging through the manual on the braking system and a little lost.

Thanks in advance

If the brake pedal slowly sinks to the floor as you sit with your foot on the brake pedal, such as at a traffic light, the problem is most likely a defective 'Hydraulic Actuating Assembly' commonly referred to as the master cylinder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemi Dude said:

If the brake pedal slowly sinks to the floor as you sit with your foot on the brake pedal, such as at a traffic light, the problem is most likely a defective 'Hydraulic Actuating Assembly' commonly referred to as the master cylinder.

Thanks Hemi, yea, that's it exactly.

I've been pointed to some articles you wrote on converting from the anti lock brake system. is there a search I can do to find these as this may be my route?

Edited by TrekLawler (see edit history)

2 hours ago, TrekLawler said:

Thanks Hemi, yea, that's it exactly.

I've been pointed to some articles you wrote on converting from the anti lock brake system. is there a search I can do to find these as this may be my route?

See our ABS replacement article

You can also 'talk' with me since I did it and wrote it.  

Edited by Hemi Dude (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rowdyc

I put the lebaron system in but you failed to say what to do with  the wireing  all tail lights stay on what about the elec system that goes with the tevis  system thanks

3 hours ago, rowdyc said:

I put the lebaron system in but you failed to say what to do with  the wireing  all tail lights stay on what about the elec system that goes with the tevis  system thanks

After installing and completely bleeding the system, you need to adjust the brake light switch so brake lights come with about a 1/4" brake pedal travel.

Remove all the wires related to the ABS system from under the hood. CUT the ABS harness off just before it enters the passenger compartment on the right side of the car.

You can leave everything inside the car or IF YOU ARE A PURIST, remove the ABS computer and the entire harness, inside and engine compartment,  intact.

On 10/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, rowdyc said:

are you talking about the tail lights or the brake lights. if the brake lights, then as Hemi pointed out you don't have the brake pedal switch adjusted correctly. if the tail lights for the car, you have a much bigger wiring problem. currently working on my conversion now

• 2 weeks later...