What kind of sport roadsters are these?

V. K. Shirk

The body on the near one looks more like what I would expect on a Mercer L head raceabout. The ones from about 1921 even had the same hood louvers.  The bright rad shells are atypical for Mercer but most of the other details fit. Are you sure they were identified as Stutz ?

Greg in Canada

I have had some experience with my car in movies.  In one movie they "smashed' a number of cars.  They were all owned by the film company and they made fibreglass smashed parts that were fitted after the good panels were removed.  The resulting smash scenes looked very realistic but none of the cars were damaged and were unmarked after the original panels were re-fitted.  The movie company was very considerate of all cars particularly the privately owned ones and owners were invited to drive their own cars for all scenes.  It was a very interesting experience over many weeks.  I would gladly do it again. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, V. K. Shirk said:

The Mercer looks like the best match.  The fuel pump? on the side looks the same.   What threw me was the plated radiator.  I thought Mercer's were painted???

Both cars look to have had some custom work done to them. But I am pretty sure they are Mercers.