64 Coral Mist Riviera on video "My Car Story"

bodayguy

Cool color, and fairly well optioned.  Could do without the wheels though.

IMHO, it's screaming for a white interior -- and according to the 64 Trim Book, Coral Mist wasn't available with a fawn interior (although the trim plate clearly specs 613, which indicates the interior has been redone).

BTW, the owner doesn't know what a Wonderbar radio is, but thinks the AM/FM is one?  In general, there seem to be some gaps in his knowledge about the car.

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=1964+Riviera+Coral+mist&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=simvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUloSewMbWAhXmyFQKHRvYC24Q_AUIEigC&biw=1024&bih=768#imgrc=ZcMQoco-WxXlSM:

I think this ROA member AL Schmidt's 64 Coral Mist Riviera.   It does have the white interior and the Super Wildcat engine.  Those of you who were in Branson for the ROA meet in 2011 saw it up close and personal. It won the Best of Show at that meet.

That's a very nice combo.

Pardon my digression, but I will say this: if I were ever doing a complete makeover of a 1st gen with a white interior, I'd key the trim to the exterior color rather than black.  I think the white seats against green, blue, or red would be quite sharp.

14 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

Pardon my digression, but I will say this: if I were ever doing a complete makeover of a 1st gen with a white interior, I'd key the trim to the exterior color rather than black.  I think the white seats against green, blue, or red would be quite sharp.

You mean like this ...

IMG_3313.thumb.JPG.ec996c7007bfab3c92a5ad806666b534.JPG

I agree, that's why I thought this Flame Red '65 GS with the White interior was the way to go!

1 hour ago, KongaMan said:

Unlike the `63 and `64 cars the contrasting color in the `65 white interior is charcoal gray. Makes finding nice used interior items like a dash pad, steering wheel, console, knee pad or signal levers quite a challenge...one year only items,

Tom

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

You mean like this ...

IMG_3313.thumb.JPG.ec996c7007bfab3c92a5ad806666b534.JPG

I agree, that's why I thought this Flame Red '65 GS with the White interior was the way to go!

Hi Randall,

I think what he is getting at is instead of the items in your interior which are charcoal gray he would color those items the same color as the exterior of the car. I have seen this change on a Twilight Turquoise on black `65 and it was very sharp. I am considering doing this to a blue over blue `65 making the seats and side panels white and leaving the blue accent pieces in place.

Tom

OK Chip: I love the burgundy on a First Gen.  Every time I see a late model Lexus in that red I immediately Invision it on a Riv. That GM dark green with a white interior is yummy. I have a 65 Riv, dark green with a white standard  interior that I hope to build some day......if I make it to 117.

I also have a dark green 66 Wildcat coupe in dark green with a black standard interior. I'm looking to upgrade to white custom buckets with a full console. A 65 Riv has a custom dark green and it's pukey. I actually passed one for cheep with the dark green guts, that's how much I dislike it.

BTW, what color ius your 64?    Mitch

24 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

Hi Randall,

I think what he is getting at is instead of the items in your interior which are charcoal gray he would color those items the same color as the exterior of the car. I have seen this change on a Twilight Turquoise on black `65 and it was very sharp. I am considering doing this to a blue over blue `65 making the seats and side panels white and leaving the blue accent pieces in place.

Tom

Exactamundo.    IMHO, white seats with blue dash, knee pads, carpet, console, package shelf, etc. would be sharp.  Seems to me the easiest way to get there would be to start with a stock blue interior and replace the seat covers with white.  If you want white door panels, etc., you'd probably approach it from a different direction, starting with a white interior and replacing everything black (or gray), but that sounds like a lot more work.

Cars from the factory with white interiorss, had white seats, door panels, and headliner.  The dash pad, console, package tray, and carpets were black.  Kind of looked like someone but white seats and door panels in a black interior.  At least that's the way my '63 is. What I can't picture right now is if the hard trim along the headliner was painted white or if it was chrome plated. It has the deluxe interior in leather.

On 9/27/2017 at 6:36 PM, RivNut said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1964+Riviera+Coral+mist&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=simvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUloSewMbWAhXmyFQKHRvYC24Q_AUIEigC&biw=1024&bih=768#imgrc=ZcMQoco-WxXlSM:

I think this ROA member AL Schmidt's 64 Coral Mist Riviera.   It does have the white interior and the Super Wildcat engine.  Those of you who were in Branson for the ROA meet in 2011 saw it up close and personal. It won the Best of Show at that meet.

ED, that is not Al's car......Al's car is three times nicer than this one and his car has the white interior not tan. Also, Al's car is Coral Mist.....this car

is not anything like Coral Mist........it looks like Sunset Orange off a 2001 Pontiac Firebird. Also Al's car has the 2 four barrel 425 in it. Coral Mist is a beautiful Pink Metallic color. There is a video

of Al's car that you can watch on you tube if someone will post it.....Al's car is the most beautiful 63/64 Riviera I've ever seen, I drool all over my keyboard

when I watch the video on his car which was done at the Branson meet. 

8 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

ED, that is not Al's car......Al's car is three times nicer than this one and his car has the white interior not tan. Also, Al's car is Coral Mist.....this car

is not anything like Coral Mist........it looks like Sunset Orange off a 2001 Pontiac Firebird. Also Al's car has the 2 four barrel 425 in it. Coral Mist is a beautiful Pink Metallic color. There is a video

of Al's car that you can watch on you tube if someone will post it.....Al's car is the most beautiful 63/64 Riviera I've ever seen, I drool all over my keyboard

when I watch the video on his car which was done at the Branson meet. 

Sure looks like Al driving it.  I'm talking about the car in the link  that I posted. Not the car in the video.  I agree that the car in the video is not Coral Mist.  I'll see if I can dig up the pictures of Al's car that I took in Branson. 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, 1965rivgs said:

Hi Randall,

Tom

OOPS!!!