Maxwell Part Needed

hddennis

I am really sorry about your present state of health. I sincerely hope you beat this thing. Do not give in - try to stay strong

Regarding the steering wheel spider: seems to me most anything can be repaired, possibly by a skilled welder or machinist.

Nothing better than a Maxwell despite the fact that they can be a royal pain in the butt.

Gary Nitkin

Tell you what; I'm going to Hershey next week. give me measurements for the wheel and I'll bring this picture, too. I could text you or email if I find one. Given the OK, I could then buy it for you and you could pay me back.  Likelihood is slim but not impossible.  I still think that a highly skilled welder could make an undetectable repair which would look as good as new. I've seen some of these fellows do some real magic.

I'm  hoping to find some "bargain" AK distributor caps at Hershey, too. I now have three Maxwells: 1915, 1922, 1920 , all touring cars. None will win a trophy but still a lot of fun.

Gary Nitkin

2 hours ago, crazycars said:

Tell you what; I'm going to Hershey next week. give me measurements for the wheel and I'll bring this picture, too. I could text you or email if I find one. Given the OK, I could then buy it for you and you could pay me back.  Likelihood is slim but not impossible.  I still think that a highly skilled welder could make an undetectable repair which would look as good as new. I've seen some of these fellows do some real magic.

I'm  hoping to find some "bargain" AK distributor caps at Hershey, too. I now have three Maxwells: 1915, 1922, 1920 , all touring cars. None will win a trophy but still a lot of fun.

Gary Nitkin

Gary, Thanks for the offer. I just this afternoon mailed it to a welder who promised he could repair it. I can't prove it by period part numbers or books but by going through all my photo files it appears 1917-1922 used the same wheel at least visually. Does your 1920 and 1922 seem alike?

Howard Dennis