copper71

88 Black and Tan

I have a 1988 Black and Tan with around 124,000 miles for sale and I would prefer that a fellow Reatta fan ends up with this car ... they know how to deal with these cars and how to appreciate them.  This car has not run in the past 6 months probably due to a faulty fuel pump.  The battery will need to be replaced as well.  The windshield had a small crack which has now spread.  The interior is in decent shape with not much wear.  The paint on the hood and top are a bit faded from the Colorado sun but can be buffed out.  There is a small dent just in front of the passenger side rear tire on the rocker panel.  The tires are very very low mileage and look new, the CRT works fine, and the headlight motors have been rebuilt about three years ago. That is the goid and bad for this Reatta as complete as I can recall.  Asking $1000.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks........I am always looking for potential 1988 Select Sixty cars.

The VIN for those would be between 901060 and 901120

This is a later car.

All 1988 Select Sixty cars were Black with tan interior and all had 16 way seat option.

It looks like the car has 16 way seats, the broadcast sheet does not have the X22 code but I suspect the Service parts label does.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I could use it for a parts car for sure.    Can you add photos of the interior especially the door panels?

Anyone else who is active want to go in on this car?  I have 2 88's now and frankly the mileage on Coppers is lower than either of mine. 

I think your $900.00 price is still a bit high for a non running, dented, broken windshield Reatta with bad paint. It's pretty much a parts car now...

Maybe if you came down a bit more you may get a nibble or two. 

I did PM Jake to let him know I was interested in parts, but what I want he should probably keep as he may need those parts for the two he just bought. 

Imperial62, I had a bit of a delay in getting the pictures that you were asking for but here they are.  The door panels are in good condition, no tears or distortion at all.  The seats have no rips or tears but the drivers seat has some slight wear as shown in the picture.  I also took a close up picture of the dent that is just in front of the passenger rear tire (it is a rather small dent).  The car has a six CD player that is stowed in the compartment behind the passenger seat.  All four tires are in near new condition (one picture shows a close up of one tire).  I am also including the service manual for this car.  If there are any other questions regarding the car, please let me know.

441D5C05-5B31-4ED0-BBAA-14A125E381AA.jpeg

5681B123-2A04-44B3-B375-A4864E1B0D44.jpeg

B51906CE-409B-47C9-85DC-4F95ED305D02.jpeg

45571A61-BE33-4FE1-873D-96B5858D10AF.jpeg

267A8E90-EA71-4A7D-A1D2-F5F808F7DB4B.jpeg

0E3E9AF5-799D-49EF-B31D-81D052B39DDF.jpeg

1CBC9C68-DBC3-480D-947D-83D8514E5F77.jpeg

11FF495F-6CE0-49D7-B0C6-A2AE7EEBAC40.jpeg

D456180A-F597-4274-9D38-58DBBA2978AA.jpeg

Wow those are pretty nice door panels.  I could use them both for either one of my 1988's but more for the early car.  I can use the wheels too.  Not sure about the standard seats but they aren't too bad.  Lots of parts I can use.  The issue is the transport from Colorado to Iowa in addition to cost to purchase. 

Let me think on it.  I was hoping to get more interest in a joint purchase. If I have to "not get" that drivers door panel, I might consider. 

Unfortunately, there has been a huge drop off in activity on the forum and not sure there are enough members interested in the weird concept of collectively purchasing this car for parts.  

Do we know a forum member close by?