Where will you be at Hershey?

Matt Harwood

Every year I ask people to list their booth spaces so hopefully we can meet. I try to get around as much as possible, but I find that I get stuck by my cars in the car corral more often than not. But if I know where you are, I can make a point of heading directly to you and hopefully putting some faces to some names. I hope others are doing the same.

Melanie and I will be in the same car corral spaces as last year, B67-B69, which is just a little bit past the walking path over to where the car show is held on Saturday, down the hill a bit. At the moment, our plan is to bring three cars, the 1936 Auburn cabriolet, a 1931 Model A sport coupe, and a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS396. I was going to bring the 1930 Cadillac barn find, but it sold. Same with the 1959 Pontiac Star Chief. But if there's something in our inventory that truly interests you, I might be willing to bring it if you're a serious buyer. Please let me know while we have time to alter our travel plans.

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all at Hershey!

59c821e40e633_001(1).JPG.8bb1fcb2ba8aa3c46e7f53346d569f2f.JPGModelA1.jpg.b1f38d556772f581c9d2928ed8ebe9c4.jpg001.JPG.12311ff23e8a242d8d44f6f2f6af02b5.JPG

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi Matt

I will be in the NE corner of the RED Field Spaces RNG 10 - 11; but usually set up just across the isle under the tent of my brother so I don't have to pack up completely every night.

I will be there most of the time except for thursday morning when the CCCA has its meeting in its tent.

Walt Gosden

• Like 2

I'll be camping at GBF 32/33, from my spot I could throw a rock and hit Hyman's bus, or get pretty darn close...

Will be there Tuesday afternoon through Friday morning, selling stuff, except for occasional forays and then on Thursday gone during the middle of the day manning the Pierce Arrow tent on the Red field.

Will have some early car stuff, very nice early lap blanket labeled for a Motor Car, a couple of brass windshields, early foot rest and robe rail, maybe some early horns and a few Pierce Arrow goodies.....also have a couple of three-lensed sequential tail lights and a couple power antennae, 60's Lincoln I think, 8 track early car player and 60's Ford radio.....plus some early tin toys from sit-on to hold in hand....it'll be a plethora of things!

GBF, just think "Great Big Fellow"!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, Walt G said:

Hi Matt

I will be in the NE corner of the RED Field Spaces RNG 10 - 11; but usually set up just across the isle under the tent of my brother so I don't have to pack up completely every night.

I will be there most of the time except for thursday morning when the CCCA has its meeting in its tent.

Walt Gosden

Walt,  I will be next to you in RNG 7-9.  Won't be there a lot  but I will be bringing a 1923  Buick Model 48 parts car for sale and some other stuff.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi, We will be in space CE 23-23 in the Chocolate Field south. Will be selling mostly Ford parts, toys, collectibles, automotive cufflinks and earrings for the ladies, and always have a large $1 table and tarp full of good deals. We will be there Tuesday afternoon thru Friday afternoon. Hope to see you there. Larry and Elizabeth

• Like 1

Show Field Saturday - Class 27 (something) first trip with my 92 Buick Roadmaster.

GCC 5-6 in front of Giant Center.  We're almost across from the crab cake vendor so stop over and say Hi while you are enjoying your annual crab cake sandwich.  I'm going to be there a lot more than usual nursing my broken leg, so don't worry if I don't immediately jump up to say hello.  Everything takes me longer these days!   Oh, almost forgot - bring me some old odd spark plugs for my collection.  Safe travels to all, see you there (beautiful weather has been arranged!).

Terry

20161007_134036.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I will be walking the fields most of the time, Wednesday-Friday. I will sometimes be found sharing Chocolate Field Space CG34 with Marty Roth. I will be manning the Chocolate Field AACA Membership Booth on Wednesday from 2 to 4 pm. I will be judging on Saturday.

I'll be at my usual spots in Chocolate CI 8-10 at least at meal times and in the evening (or when my feet are to sore to walk). Besides misc accumulation, I will have a bunch of extra Crosley parts to sell. My wife Pat will be running the booth most of the time. We should arrive around noon on Tuesday. I'm sharing my space with some friends that will be bring a bunch of Ford parts, not sure what all they are bring.

OBL 33/34 I have Volkswagen some Chevy parts and A Massive $1.00 pile that I'm sure anyone will find at least something ???stopin and say Hello (o\!/o)

On 9/30/2017 at 12:08 PM, charlier said:

I will be walking the fields all day Thursday and Friday with friends. Saturday I will be on the show field with one of my VWs which will be going for it's DPC Certification.

Stop over OBL 33/34 and say hello Charlie ??

I haven't been to a Hershey show for many, many years but will attend this year on Saturday with my 10 YO son.  We will be walking the fields looking for 1936 D2 Dodge Brothers parts and bringing along the 1936 Plymouth parts that I don't need.  (Parts that came with my D2 purchase.)  The weather forecast still looks great!

• Like 1

I am getting ready to go to bed in about 3 hours and will be on the road about 4 AM. No space but I expect to be walking around the fields by 10 AM. I am staying at the Simmons Motel on West Chocolate Ave, about a 5 minute walk from the south entrance of the Chocolate Field. About 6:30 to 7 PM I plan to have dinner at the family diner at the west end of the Hummestown Plaza. My phone number is 585-797-7421. I am generally on pretty good behavior.

Holler if you spot me. I will be wearing a Blue USS Soley DD-707 cap to keep the sun off my pink hair.

I will be looking for anything Stutz Blackhawk related, up to and including a whole coupe in just about any condition. (About 10 years ago I was a keystroke away from buying that white burned one that keeps popping up online as "The Car from Hell" One of my regrets. "My only regrets are cars I didn't buy."

Bernie

0066.jpg.812a7901bc02bebf35841f6d6dc0d445.jpg

On 10/4/2017 at 11:50 AM, Pete in PA said:

I haven't been to a Hershey show for many, many years but will attend this year on Saturday with my 10 YO son.  We will be walking the fields looking for 1936 D2 Dodge Brothers parts and bringing along the 1936 Plymouth parts that I don't need.  (Parts that came with my D2 purchase.)  The weather forecast still looks great!

That is great to hear.  I too took my son to Hershey and other car shows when he was about that age all the way up to the time he entered college.  After that the class schedule made it tougher but we still went to shows when we could.  Today he is a mechanical engineer for a major automobile manufacturer.  You just never know how the seeds of interest we sow might turn out.  I hope you and your son have a great time at the show.

Terry

On 10/5/2017 at 8:25 PM, MCHinson said:

I just looked at the Allard about 10 minutes ago. I am here too.

We'll have to have a meet and greet next year.  We booked the room as we were leaving this year.   I was the guy wearing the Hawaiian shirts with the Wife and 3 year old daughter being pulled around in the red covered wagon.   

I wasn't overly crazy to learn about the new scenic walk to get to the car show.  I much preferred the old route that took you right into the red field. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I wasn't overly crazy to learn about the new scenic walk to get to the car show.  I much preferred the old route that took you right into the red field. 

Tell me about it! I think they added half a mile to the walk.  And way too many fences. And they made it curve closer to the Hershey treatment plant. That was ripe.

I had my Chevy truck parked across from the office. The one with the big rust hole in the side and a sticker on the gate "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra"

I just got home.

Bernie

• Like 1

What color is your Chevy Bernie?  I know there is a blue Suburban that I Was parked next to and the black Ford Truck with the parts and boxes in the back that got rained on.  I think there was a prety clean red and White chevy truck there as well.  Mine was the dark colored Ford,  down by the fenced in Warehouse. 

Mine was an almost unheard of, conventional cab with an 8 foot box.  it has a slightly raised, front hinged cap. My refer to it as my Chevy coupe fairly often. If Chevy made a front engine, RWD, V8, 3 window coupe, mine would be it.

When I first bought it my Wife asked "Why do people seem so surprised that you bought a truck?"

"Well, Dear, most people associate a truck with work. And they know me."

That "hole" justified a nice new MIG welder (Hobart 140) and a lot of welding supplies to go with it. Ain't so bad after all.

I kind of waited a few minutes to say Hi to Matt, but he was in a very profound discussion about the value add for car club recognition in car prices. It was deep so I looked over the green Buick convertible.

Bernie