2007 Pace American 22' Enclosed Trailer

JZRIV

12 hours ago, 1937-44 said:

If you go to the Craigslist posting the escape door is obvious on the passenger side in two pictures.

What is the weight rating of the axles?

That's not the "escape" door to which he's referring... while this is a nice trailer, it appears to have been set up more for transporting furniture, household goods, or something else, rather than a car...note all the hold downs along the walls...not that it CAN'T haul a car, that just doesn't seem to have been it's main purpose in life until now...

I'll try to post a picture of an escape door, they are on driver's side, large, and can hinge from side or top, and allow you to step out of your car once loaded...

Trailer_Exterior5.jpg

• Like 1

This trailer started life as a car hauler - Note the D-rings in the floor. The E-track was added later to double hauling motorcycles and use as moving van, etc.

While true functional escape doors are nice, the sacrifice you make is having a much higher floor height in the box which creates a sharper loading angle at ramp. Many escape door trailers do have lower floor height unlike the one pictured above, but the car has to be high enough that the car door clears the tires/wheel well otherwise you can't escape the car to escape the trailer. Pretty much cars from the 60s and up are too low.

• 2 weeks later...

The trailer sold in 2 days for $5300. I could have sold two of them as I had second guy waiting cash in hand if first guy bailed.

Roggerrabbit - You are correct a new trailer can be bought for $5000......although not with over 100' of e-track installed. Ignoring that for a moment, I looked at those $5000 trailers advertised all over before buying this one used last year. There was no comparison in construction and quality to this 10 year old Pace American.

• Like 5