1963 Radiator support insulators W/AC

Chasander

The insulators that line the lower support brackets for the radiator look like they are available from CARS for $8.50 ea (RI614-4). They are also listed at Steele Rubber (70-0963-31) for $21.00 ea.

Anyone have a thought why steele rubber would be that much more expensive? Are they better or different in some way.

Also will these same insulators work for the upper support?

Thanks for any insight

Specific specifications from each product would be necessary for me to begin to make a determination regarding price difference. Just my opinion.

1. Size, thickness, density.'

2. American versus import rubber

i put in a replacement radiator in my 63 with an extra core and used the same rubber cushion that was already in the cradle where the radiator rested.

7 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

Specific specifications from each product would be necessary for me to begin to make a determination regarding price difference. Just my opinion.

1. Size, thickness, density.'

2. American versus import rubber

i put in a replacement radiator in my 63 with an extra core and used the same rubber cushion that was already in the cradle where the radiator rested.

2.  Who in America is not importing?  

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

I suppose many American USA manufacturers are importing ALMOST all electronic components from Asia. It would be a genuine research effort to determine what is 100 % USA newly manufactured. I use many Gravely garden/power equipment parts and for the prices I pay for new and used I'm pretty sure the stuff is made in the USA. Now, I'm ok with being corrected, but I will say the Gravely stuff is well made from wherever it comes.