Almost time!

AC Fuhrman

I'll be at Hershey two weeks from today! (I know many can go earlier, but Friday/Saturday works for me!)

Can't wait!

B)

• Like 1

I wanted to go in 1974. I was a swing shift power plant operator and one of the guys decided to get married after I had my vacation approved. My boss coerced me into giving up my time and letting the guy get married, a good deed, you know how that works. For the next decade the guy wanted THAT week off for his anniversary vacation. And he got it. Jobs changed and life kept getting in the way until 1990 or 1991 came along and I finally went. Frank Jenkins, the Model A guy, told me how to go up 81 to the Manada Hills exit and in through RT 39. Frank always had a space and a camper in the BS row. Now, how I remember that all these years, must be association.

Anyway, I will never forget the sight, coming over the hill near where the AACA library is now. There were tents and advertising balloons over the valley for a mile. It was bigger than my village with ten times more people, maybe more. And all car stuff! What a wonderful place. I have stayed in my work van, my Fleetwood in the Hummelstown parking lot. Just a plastic jug of water, a toothbrush, clean socks and underwear. And a bit of mud once or twice.

The year of the big hurricane, back when the wind blew more than the media, attendance was light and my Son and I stayed in a real motel. We were spoiled. I started sleeping in a bed. We liked the Hollywood Motel at Eisenhower and 76, right next to the cemetery. Now I'm a 5 minute walk from the show field. Life's dream materializing; sleeping inside a building that is a 5 minute walk from the showfield!

I'm ready.

Bernie

• Like 2