Throttle, Choke cables

Both my throttle and choke cables were broken inside the casings when I took them apart. These are the solid steel lines rather than an actual cable. My knobs and escutcheons are good so I'd like to re-use them. Any ideas? A google search didn't turn up much for replacements. Anyone have a repair tip for these?

20170921_175234.jpg

Are the knobs screwed on or are they cast to the shaft? The '36 knobs are cast to the shafts so I made a new shaft from a stainless rod and threaded it to accept a new recast knob . Hardest part was cutting the grooves lengthwise on the shaft to fit the outer housing.  I drilled out the end of the shaft to accept a new cable robbed from a generic hd choke cable and crimped the new cable into the new shaft. I have also reused an old shaft by cutting the old wire from the shaft, then drilling out the portion left in the shaft. Then I inserted a new cable and recrimped the shaft around it. I only had to do the throttle as '36's had an electric choke. All other knobs I had recast to the original shafts. On the outer sleeve that fastens to the dash I opened the tube, as it was slotted, removed the old cable sheath and inserted the new sheath from the generic cable and then simply recrimped the tube around the sheath. I had the outer sleeve rechromed befor the new sheath was installed. These are the things that I enjoy about restoration work, trying to figure out how to rebuild something. I have had a few boo-boos and ruined some things, finding out that not everything can come apart without breaking! Good luck!