Chevy 1984 K5 Blazer Siverado

I purchased it in 1987, lots of rust and some wiring issues. Partial restoration 2008, last Pa. State inspection 2013 (passed), then parked out sidesince 2014 undriven except for running engine periodically.

Engine is 305ci V8 runs great, biggest issue, other then rust is the Brakes don't work due to a brake fluid leak some where. It has 142K Miles. Lets just say the truck is in Barn Find Condition and needs a total restoration and leave it at that. The asking price is $1,150 for local pick up required. LOCATION @ NEW FREEDOM, PA., 15298 WHITCRAFT RD.,  near the Pa. Md. line and the Pa. Visitors Center 3 miles North on Interstate 83. You can contact me by email struckn@aol.com.

I also have it setting out side with a FOR SALE SIGN (as of 9-21-17) locally and there has been a lot of interest, expect it to sell soon.

20170921_092822_resized.thumb.jpg.b358ee81972a1bbcbd56c547c0489a92.jpg

20170921_092554_resized.jpg

20170921_092852_1506000855836_resized.jpg

20170921_092931_resized.jpg

Edited by Doug Novak (see edit history)

Interesting follow up to the Sale of my Blazer.

It was purchased by a Neighbor's Adult Son across the road where it now sits. He and his Dad are going to get it back on the road and I'll enjoy seeing it's progress and have  offered to help as needed. So far I turned over some patch panels and brake lines, other spare parts, plus the all important HAYNES Manual.

NOW FOR THE BIG QUESTION!

I have in my garage the original rear seat for the Blazer which I took out 12 years ago, it's in nearly perfect condition, has the Seat Belts, Arm Rests, the back folds forward and when installed it can be rotated up and forward to increase the cargo area. All the mounting hardware is on the seat and in the truck.

Out of curiosity I searched on EBAY to see what the Seats are going for. To my amazement, this seat looks better then all ones on EBAY that have a BUY IT NOW price running from $400 to $600.

My decision:

I haven't mentioned this to the buyer of the Truck yet, BUT I will be giving him the Seat.  It is original to the Truck and should return to the Truck. Hard decision for me to make, but felling pretty good about it now.   The Seat apparently is worth half the selling price paid for the Truck.:rolleyes:

Edited by Doug Novak (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Doug Novak said:

...this seat looks better then all ones on EBAY that have a BUY IT NOW price running from $400 to $600.

Ebay's "Buy it Now" prices are only prices being asked.

I can't speak specifically to the value of your seat,

but asking prices can sometimes be far afield from

actual selling prices.

I think you did the right thing by giving the seat

to your buyer.

• Like 1