1965 Riv GS - $67,500 on CL

cjp69

Looks like a nicely restored car, at a rather handsome price!  

Yes, it's curious that it has custom interior door panels, yet the seat upholstery pattern is standard.  I suspect the car originally had the custom interior as it wouldn't be trivial to add the rear door opening paddle handles to the doors.

The car also has the ribbed rocker panel moldings.  Weren't these part of the custom interior option?  I think they could also be ordered separately.  Can anyone confirm this?

I note the trunk matting isn't factory correct.  And what are those dark things in front of the wheel housings?

Yes, the rocker moldings were an option that you could order separately. The dark things are the wheel housings painted black..........they didn't

cover the wheel housings with trunk matting.......the trunk and the seats are a disaster.......the rest looks pretty good.

Yes, rIbbed rocker panel molding were a stand alone option for $26.88.  I don't know the code for them though.  After I posted the item about the standard covers in a custom interior, I also got to thinking about the fact that custom covers and standard covers do not share the same foam base.  So someone did some other work as well to make this all come together.  That's why I said I'd like to see a photo of the Fisher data plate   It would tell with which interior the car was originally equipped.