Flxible bus engine

The "new" water pump design started in 1950 on the 248/263. Probably same on the big boy. 

If not too late I would try solvent of some kind and lightly tapping the pistons after disconnecting the rods and removing the crank. Patience.

I have not timed it on a track. Wish I could.  Will do 90+ on the hwy. Tires scare me from more. Will replace them soon. It will burn rubber.

Ben

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 2carb40 said:

Ive come up with a plan I'm gonna experiment with. My friend has a big metal cutting gas engine saw he uses for cutting up cars when he scraps. I'm gonna see if he will cur a rod journal out of a junk 320 crank. I have a 320 Babbitt rod. I'm gonna wirefeed weld that piece of crank journal to the crank end of that rod, then I'm going to his place with block and with the 320 rod fixture bolted to the rod in the block, I'm gonna ask him to use his bobcat hydraulics to push on my Rube-goldberg fixture, with the block upside down on wooden blocks to hopefully overcome the rust lock w/0 destroying the parts. Oh yeah, they told me classes to develop patience were available, my response, "can we get that done in the next five mins, I got some pistons to remove!"

Jeeebus Greg!  Please wear safety glasses!

• 2 weeks later...