Pierce Arrow Model 54 Club Brougham Wanted

Interesting choice. I am a big fan of the series 54 cars and have owned several over the years. Also of interest, a 1932 Pierce Arrow series 54 club brougham is the most popular year and model surviving of all Pierce Arrow cars. Yup.......there are more of the 54 Broughams than any year sedan or limo. I have driven every year Pierce from 1911 to 1938, with the exception of 1915. 1932 is My favorite for overall style and driving ability. The only drawback to a 1932 Pierce is almost the entire car is a one year only production and parts can be difficult to find. There have been several for sale the last six months, and all have found new homes. Did you look at any of them? At last count with the known club cars, and a few others lurking in garages, total surviving cars is in the area of 28 to 30. Subtract the very rough and parts cars, as well as the ones that will only be offered for sale at the estate of the current owner, you probably have ten cars in the marketplace that fit your needs. I came close to buying one in the last twelve months, but didn't pull the trigger fast enough....(read that as waiting for two weeks to get a plane ticket to go out and try to put a deal together) My loss was someone else's gain. If you find a car in a condition you find acceptable, don't be afraid to step up and act relatively quickly, and most driver level cars won't be in the lower end of the price spectrum. Unlike some other great marques that are hard to sell, the PA market is strong. Good cars at fair prices sell very fast. I have been looking for the identicle car for about a year, and only found one to my satisfaction. In the PA world, there just isn't too much choice reguardless of year or series. Good luck in your quest.........Ed