1972 Dash pad removal

offdensen

So I read advice on taking off a 73 dash pad on these forums(pretty similar I assume) and followed the step by step instructions and got most of the dash pad loose. I am now having one problem and I can't find out what is holding the passenger side corner to the frame. Literally the entire dash pad moves freely and I can lift up on it but the single corner where the passenger ac vent is won't budge. when I try to pull on it it brings the bottom portion of the dash that is made of metal with it. I felt around with my fingers trying to find how they are connected and I couldn't feel any bolts. What am I missing? Do I need to take the ac vent out? Note it is only the corner doing this, I can lift up the dash on the problem side towards the windshield freely. 

I would consult the shop book but it is currently on a fed ex truck and arriving next week. 

I have never removed one but here is the illustration of the dash pad from the 1972 Assembly Manual.

59bafa20f0404_72dashpanel.thumb.jpg.87c3bfb932fb40a282c509509a19a2ea.jpg

Also, the Service Manual does not have directions for the removal, but, I did not look into it in the Body Manual?

Possibly the clip with 2 screws on the right hand side in the illustration holding it in place?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, offdensen said:

Thank you for linking that. I got that clip off that you mentioned and it is still stuck. I will use this diagram to complete the removal and go over every bolt listed in the picture. 

The diagram line references TWO nuts in and above the glove box cavity. One nut is not shown in the diagram.

I would hunt for at least two in this area if you haven't already.

The rear clips are a simultaneous aft then up movement for removal. You might can fabricate 2 hooks of sheet metal to get in the defrost vents to grab.

The opposite karate move was Elvis easy at assembly.

19 hours ago, PWB said:

The diagram line references TWO nuts in and above the glove box cavity. One nut is not shown in the diagram.

I would hunt for at least two in this area if you haven't already.

The rear clips are a simultaneous aft then up movement for removal. You might can fabricate 2 hooks of sheet metal to get in the defrost vents to grab.

The opposite karate move was Elvis easy at assembly.

Those two nuts were it. Thank you all very much. Wish it were as simple as my 63. (4 screws and tada)