Looking for a Certain Truck

OldSoul97

Greetings! I am in the first steps to finding out the location of a certain 1967 Chevy Truck my father had when he was growing up. His birthday just passed on September 8th, and I wanted to do something Big for his next birthday. 

When asked, he mentioned his first truck was his father's truck, (Pictures will be provided) and I wanted to find out where this exact same truck is, buy it from whoever currently owns it, and fix it up to where it looks exactly the same as it did back in 1967. 

As for the photos, they are a bit blurry, the license plate I can read just barely, however I believe I know what it spells out. 

AD 8036

If anyone is able to help me out by locating this exact same 1967 Chevy truck, I'd very much appreciate anything at this point. 59b4a34b7fc67_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.a0e9cf5986c7c9299a07f3198ec91901.jpgIMG_7854.thumb.JPG.a06802e24b46a75391531e02d6cad619.JPG

24 minutes ago, CarlLaFong said:

Needle................haystack............

You would be a lot better off to just find a truck, like Dad's, and restore it to look like the old one.

With all due respect, I understand this situation is a big "Needle Haystack", but I would like to try my hardest to find this truck. 

If you will, buying a cheap 67 and restoring it to look like the original, just isn't right. I know it'll probably be the best idea, but to me it won't be. 

A lot of people have done this for their parents, and they've eventually found the original certain vehicle, I'm choosing to walk that path until I find it. 

The chance that it still has the same plate is next to zero. Do you know the VIN? Even if you do know it, VIN searches are nearly impossible. Privacy issues. Add these in with the fact that there is, at least, a 50/50 chance that it was junked, wrecked, stripped for parts and you will find yourself on a fools errand. I'm not saying you can't or won't find it but the chances are astronomical unless you have some idea of what became of it. And, doing all of this in one year..................good luck

• Like 1

If your father owned the truck when it was old enough to be regarded as a collector's item (like, in the 1980's or 90's) there might be a chance it survived.  But as has been pointed out, without the VIN number, how would you know you had found the exact truck?  

Either you have to go through your dad's old paperwork and hope to find an old registration or copy of the title, and thus obtain the VIN.  Once you have the number, you could contact Chevy clubs, old truck clubs, etc. and send them the number, so they could check their current rosters to see if the truck is still listed.

Or, you will have to trace the path of the truck's ownership after your father sold it.  Does he recall to whom he sold it?

Your father would be the one with knowledge on what happened to the truck. Year it was sold, name of buyer, where buyer lived, what the buyer did for work. All of the things that are talked about between buyers and sellers now is needed to track down the truck. Tough part is the year/make/model of truck. They made about a million of them.

Keep looking, ask everywhere, go on all the Chevrolet forums (both car and truck).  I knew a man that searched for his father's 1931 Buick.  Every lead he had was just days or week too late.  After twenty years he got a phone call from a friend that thought he saw the car through an open garage door.  He went and it was the car.  He had chased it from BC to Alberta, back to the interior of BC through 7 or 8 owners and found the car two blocks from his house.  

Carry pictures,  VIN and any other information you have at all times and ask everyone.  Your answer could come from somewhere totally un-expected.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)