neroco2

Spare Brake Accumulators

I have a couple of spare brake accumulators if anyone is interested. One is brand new still sealed in the package and the other is used but taken off a working system.  I'll be glad to send pics if I have your email address.I don't need them at this time. Any interest? Feel free to call me. Neil 971-223-5554 or neroco2@comcast.net.

Even NOS is OLD. They would be great for a "Show" or a "Judged" show- but not a daily driver, or even a week-ender. The accumulator is a critical part, and it's failure could result in property damage and death.

I looked up his prior posts and the one [GM accumulator] that is in the box he bought from Amazon in 2009. Not exactly "old" NOS...

• Thanks 1

Yes, I agree- if you can determine a date of manufacture, I would say 10-12 years would be "acceptable" if new? They really don't have an "expiration date" (if unused) so it's hard to say- what the "shelf life" is. Is there any known reputable source of documentation, regarding that?

22 hours ago, neroco2 said:

One is brand new still sealed in the package

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

the one [GM accumulator] that is in the box he bought from Amazon in 2009

neroco2- if you had stated a purchase date, I would've worded my post differently. Please- accept my apology for being short like that.

Regardless of how old an accumulator is the important think is how good it is.

Procedure for testing an accumulator.
Turn on the key and have the radio and anything else off that makes noise. Wait for the red and yellow lights to go out and a few seconds later you will hear the pump stop running.
Rapidly pump the brake pedal about 4 times and see it the red light comes on. If it does, wait for the pump to build up pressure again and the light will go out. Wait again for the pump to stop running and then pump the brake pedal 3 times to see if the red light comes on.
The purpose here is to see how many pumps it takes to get the red light to come on. The higher the number the better the accumulator. A new one will be about 7 pumps and a shot one would be one pump.
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.557 / Virus Database: 270.11.59/2063 - Release Date: 4/16/2009 4:38 PM

• Like 2