Great Classic Sedans

CBoz

I know I'm not the only one that feels Classic four-door cars don't get anywhere near the respect in the marketplace that they should. What are your favorites?  I wave the flag for Lincoln, so here is one of mine, the 1938 Sport Sedan by Willoughby (photo from a Lincoln book of models and suggested color / interior schemes):

IMG_2221.JPG

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

My choice, and I would like to add, I'm a Pierce Arrow guy!

IMG_3632.PNG

Edinmass -- Wow, that car embraces the length of the sedan beautifully.  With regard to being a Pierce-Arrow guy, no one is required to be monogamous when it comes to cars ;)

Edited by CBoz (see edit history)

I tried to buy that one too....at the time of sale was missing engine, hood, radiator and shell, since found and reinstalled.  Even though it was incomplete and across country, I made an offer which was rejected.....oh well, can't kiss all the girls....but what a great body style...

I was touring along with the blue car and current owners a couple of weeks ago, beautiful car.....very nice older restoration, think was sold at auction by Tom Crook to Don Williams at (as you mention) very reasonable price, then price went up a little to current owners!  It's in a nice home now....

Guest SaddleRider

Count me in on liking closed cars!

When I was about to turn 16,  I fell in love with a pre-war  Formal Sedan ( 1955) .  Bought it cause I liked it.  Paid twenty five bucks for it  ( which was probably too much as its battery and tires were getting shaggy ). Well..let's be fair..multiply that twenty five bucks by about 17 to its equiv. in purchasing power of today's de-valued money...!).

I have some photos of it - will post in here if someone will tell me how to do that.   Buy the way..i cant honestly say it is still my "daily" driver (  Packard didn't offer "factory" air conditioning until the introduction of the 1940 models in the fall of 1939)..... So I can say it is my "weekly driver"....!