Neal Einsidler

FREE - 1950 Buick Super

I have the car since '91. Car has; newly re-built rear with new ring & pinion, inner & outer torque-tube bearings, front torque-tube (drive-shaft) seals, newly sealed up gas tank (currently out), '90's very intact brake hardware all around including drums & wheel cylinders & re-sleeved master cylinder, '90s rebuilt generator, carburetor & fuel-pump, new voltage regulator, radio & cigarette lighter worked a few years ago. The problems are; needs gas-tank put back in, needs a piece of brake-line replaced (from when I did the differential work), tires dry-rotted, floors & rocker-panels are rotting, needs drivers window. The car has been sidelined about 7 years now; the issue is that I'm just not getting to it and only want a constructive disposal, not the junkyard. It's either a good project or parts car for whoever wants to come get it FOR FREE. The car is located at my house in Howard County, Maryland.   

Buick1.JPG

Buick2.JPG

Buick3.JPG

Buick4.JPG

Buick5.JPG

Buick6.JPG

Buick7.JPG

Buick8.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Looks like it may have some of the grille parts that Elpad is looking for. Unfortunately he is dealing with the diasterous situation in Miami. Anyone out that way that could keep it for him until things settle down, assuming he has interest?

Gary

• Thanks 1

I've texted it to him and offered to help Gary, hopefully he can find time to grab it

• Like 1

Al is definitely interested in the car and I will be pming the owner as regrettably no phone number. This is what he is dealing with as we speak

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

I've got to start checking in here more frequently. Looks like the owner found a home for the Super. Here is his reply

"I'm expecting it to be picked up on Tuesday or Wednesday. If anything changes I'll let you know. Thanks, Lamar"

:(

I am trying to reach Al, I'm sure he is interested. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, Irontrap said:

Also interested and can grab anytime if the interested party backs out. In PA. Nice gesture by you!

The car is still available. The body is too far gone for the other fellow.

Al definitely wants the car, but is working, eating, sleeping then back on the road again. Hopefully you can allow him time to work out the logistics. 

Understandable however if you need it gone sooner

Well guys here in Maryland picking up the car which have lots of parts to finish up Toby or maybe she is a candidate for a whole resto, will see. Thanks Neil

DCC464E7-8987-4F5E-8250-BEA640F75B75.jpeg

• Like 6

On 11/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, Elpad said:

Well guys here in Maryland picking up the car which have lots of parts to finish up Toby or maybe she is a candidate for a whole resto, will see. Thanks Neil

DCC464E7-8987-4F5E-8250-BEA640F75B75.jpeg

By the way that’s not me. That is Neil who offered the car. Neil became an AACA  member just to post the offer, he did not want to junk the car but wanted to go to someone who appreciated Buicks. Right away I can use the two rear fenders and hood, they are in better shape of the 50 (Toby) I’m building not counting the chrome work

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping my back! 

Well the front bumper guards on this car still have a holes on the bottom, will know if they can be repaired once I remove them. The other cores are being duplicated in another country. Let see how they come out

The car arrived to the new home and soon will start donating parts to “Toby” in the meantime the kids wanted to pose with the car asking me were the eyes were. They were referring to the cars from the Disney movie, go figure

121BCBF8-FDEA-4089-8A70-6EA35422E625.jpeg

3F7C0ED0-A302-4E72-98DA-BEC1CF73A431.jpeg

• Like 4