FREE - 1950 Buick Super

I have the car since '91. Car has; newly re-built rear with new ring & pinion, inner & outer torque-tube bearings, front torque-tube (drive-shaft) seals, newly sealed up gas tank (currently out), '90's very intact brake hardware all around including drums & wheel cylinders & re-sleeved master cylinder, '90s rebuilt generator, carburetor & fuel-pump, new voltage regulator, radio & cigarette lighter worked a few years ago. The problems are; needs gas-tank put back in, needs a piece of brake-line replaced (from when I did the differential work), tires dry-rotted, floors & rocker-panels are rotting, needs drivers window. The car has been sidelined about 7 years now; the issue is that I'm just not getting to it and only want a constructive disposal, not the junkyard. It's either a good project or parts car for whoever wants to come get it FOR FREE. The car is located at my house in Howard County, Maryland.   

Buick1.JPG

Buick2.JPG

Buick3.JPG

Buick4.JPG

Buick5.JPG

Buick6.JPG

Buick7.JPG

Buick8.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks like it may have some of the grille parts that Elpad is looking for. Unfortunately he is dealing with the diasterous situation in Miami. Anyone out that way that could keep it for him until things settle down, assuming he has interest?

Gary

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, Elpad said:

Well guys here in Maryland picking up the car which have lots of parts to finish up Toby or maybe she is a candidate for a whole resto, will see. Thanks Neil

DCC464E7-8987-4F5E-8250-BEA640F75B75.jpeg

By the way that’s not me. That is Neil who offered the car. Neil became an AACA  member just to post the offer, he did not want to junk the car but wanted to go to someone who appreciated Buicks. Right away I can use the two rear fenders and hood, they are in better shape of the 50 (Toby) I’m building not counting the chrome work

• Like 2

Thanks for keeping my back! 

Well the front bumper guards on this car still have a holes on the bottom, will know if they can be repaired once I remove them. The other cores are being duplicated in another country. Let see how they come out

The car arrived to the new home and soon will start donating parts to “Toby” in the meantime the kids wanted to pose with the car asking me were the eyes were. They were referring to the cars from the Disney movie, go figure

121BCBF8-FDEA-4089-8A70-6EA35422E625.jpeg

3F7C0ED0-A302-4E72-98DA-BEC1CF73A431.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Neal, good on you for doing what you did.

The vent windows behind the rear doors are the main visual "tell".  Mod 51 does not have them.  Rear doors are longer, since the increased wheelbase/ body length of the Riviera Sedan is in the rear seating area.  Should be a Fisher body tag on top of the cowl, passenger side visible with hood raised.

Ben

Exactly as Ben said, the model tag still there and I will post pictures later but everything else is the same. If you google Hometown 1950 Buick models you will see and compare all specifications.