Nitro paint color Code?

Gentlemen,

finaly we found a nice non abrasive polish for the original Nitro paint on the 33 rockne.

( see edge of cowl). So we will polish the whole body soon by hand.

The pre owner repainted the Hood only. Its not nice and wrong color.

The original color is something like very dark (wine) red/ maroon. The repainted Hood is more like brown.

Is there a way to find the Factory color Code for this paint and is there a scource for primer/ filler/ paint in nitrocellulouse ?

thank you

joe

image.jpg

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)

Hello

I think the color you are searching for is Premier Maroon IM-375. 

post-31139-143138628929.jpg

But I think that if you want to match the color exactly you might need to get the color scanned or get a good painter to mix up a match. As most likely the paint on your car has faded slightly over the years and Premier Maroon straight from the can will not be a perfect match.

I have also posted the 1932 Rockne colors.  

1932 Rockne colors.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much.

Yes, I think you are correct with the Number. Its Premier Maroon IM-375. 

The Paint code should be 1494 Maroon on Black with gold stripes.

Now I have to find the recipe... ;-)

We tryed the Scanner way before, we get only a lot of mismatches. Best was 84%, thats bad....

The problem for me is, I don't know a company who can mix Nitro. Everybody uses Acrylic only....

Thank you

Joe

Virtually no one uses nitro lacquer anymore. VOC's are no longer viewed as environmentally compatible. And acrylics have given way to urethanes.  Even the high-end shops restoring the finest classics for international competition have switched to two-stage or single stage urethane, if not something even more organic; ie. waterborne base.

5 hours ago, starlightcoupe said:

Virtually no one uses nitro lacquer anymore. VOC's are no longer viewed as environmentally compatible. And acrylics have given way to urethanes.  Even the high-end shops restoring the finest classics for international competition have switched to two-stage or single stage urethane, if not something even more organic; ie. waterborne base.

Brad, I found a shop here in Germany makes all colors from nitro. Also they sell the needed base and filler. 

If I had the recipe...... As I wrote, the scanner lead us to Nirwhana, only 84% match. So we can not use it.

But hey, I am a German, we fix everything ;-) ..... lol

Joerg