Hudson Parts

Could be money to make but it's work and alot will never sell.  I see alot of these higher priced lots and they say you'll make a killing on ebay.  They forgot to tell you the stuff they made a killing on was the top shelf stuff,  there is 10-20 percent of that,  then another 20-30 of good stuff then it really gets hard to make money selling the rest.  I know I'm usually the guy that gets the call to buy the stuff when it's at the less than 50 percent left and that is all just short of crap with a few random morsels left to just make it worth bothering with.  

I wonder how many guys have 79G they want to lay out for a lot like this?   It takes a while to make 79G selling parts to get your money back.  Don't forget ebay gets 15 percent of every sale including the shipping.  

Hopefully someone will buy it though and get it listed so I can buy a few bits for the Hudson. 

I used to go and talk to Mac all the time, when I live in Seattle. I went through his shop top to bottom. A lot of the parts this guy is selling are for Hudson Jets. Just thought I would post for people. I am sure they will sell parts, I do not think anyone will buy the lot for that money. If you know anyone doing a correct restoration on a 1937 Hudson/Terraplane, I have something that I bought Mac out of that I am sure no one else has.  

auburnseeker is right.. Been there done that. It takes a very long time just to break even let alone a profit on  ebay or otherwise. Another pain is that someone who is ignorant of the relative value of these  parts thinks they have a fortune and won't listen to a reasonable price for selling the lot.   No one buys it and soon pride steps in and the parts go for junk because he wouldn't let anyone 'get one over' on him .I hope that isn't the case here but I have seen that happen.