1937 Dodge Convertible Coupe sold at auction in Monterey

Ricko1937

I restored this Dodge and sold it in 2001 at Hershey. It went to Calif. and was part of Art Astor's collection. the remainder of his collection was sold at Monterey this year by Russo & Steele. I was wondering if anybody knows who might have purchased it or where it has gone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 7:51 AM, Ricko1937 said:

I restored this Dodge and sold it in 2001 at Hershey. It went to Calif. and was part of Art Astor's collection. the remainder of his collection was sold at Monterey this year by Russo & Steele. I was wondering if anybody knows who might have purchased it or where it has gone.

Hi Dick. I was at the auction and bid up to $45k to get get it back but the bid kept right on going. I should have kept bidding. I asked the auction where it went but they have not got back yet. I'll call them again. Are you going to Hershey this year? I still have a very original 1937 Business Coupe. FullSizeRender.jpg.7b87bc5429bf47b9178e1e06f2aaee45.jpg

• Like 1

This is Rex. I bought it off you in 2001. It still looks about the same. Someone changed the battery cutoff from under the seat to the engine firewall. I think it was driven very little during the last 12 years. I should have gone the few extra $$ to get it. Guess I had my limits. Will let you know what I find out. Rex Lewis. 

• 2 years later...