Adding dual exhaust to a '36 Ford

Guest bossboy302

Guest bossboy302

After the Navy ('46) my dad came home and bought a Cordoba Beige '36 Ford Convertible Sedan. So I just bought him a Cordoba Beige '36 Ford Convertible Sedan (he's now 91).

Sure he'll want to do just what he did 71 years ago.....add dual exhaust.

I'm searching around for info, but any chance someone here has done, or knows someone who has done this and can make recommendations? Thanks, Brian

Duals with "Cherry Bomb" mufflers is a sweet sound.  Not loud but nice to hear that little flathead working well.  Cut the crossover pipe and run the duals all the way back, tucked above the rear axle where Henry put them..  How sweet the sound!

I did this conversion on mu '53 Ford years ago...it was the last year for the flat head V-8.  I drilled a hole in the left manifold, facing downward.  On another extra manifold I then cut off the exhaust pipe port.  I took the port and the drilled manifold to someone that could weld cast iron.  I made a couple of blank off plates for the forward facing cross over pipe.  It worked great and had a nice stock look too.

Guest bossboy302

Thank you for the advice and kind words.

We haven't surprised him with the car (yet).

I have found multiple ways to do the dual exhaust, some require some parts juggling.

We'll see if he can remember what he did back in the day........if nothing else it'll give him a few  sleepless nights.

Thanks again.