Sign in to follow this  
J.H.Boland

Early Cadillac

This early Cadillac (year?) was giving people tours around Niagara Falls ,Ontario in 1911.My grandmother is in the rear seat (left) with a friend.

early Cadillac.jpg

I once had the honor of riding along in(on) a 1903 Reo roadster. Before starting out,the owner carefully removed the headlights and stored them away in padded bags. The car vibrated so much, he was afraid the brass housings would crack. Given the cost of restoring them,I don't blame him. The owner  of the Cadillac was likely more concerned about a horse kicking a dried horse puck through the lens.

Jim

This car is a 1907 Cadillac Model M Victoria Light Touring Car - 76" wheelbase. This was one of three different four seater bodies that year.   Going by pictures in the book 80 Years of Cadillac LaSalle, the 1906 version has a different shape bracket supporting the step plate for access to the rear seat. The 1908 equivalent is the Model T and is on a longer 82" wheelbase and most importantly has a full running board between the front and rear fenders.

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)
  • Like 1